Interior painting help...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DJ_X-ToNe

Interior painting help...

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

Does anyone know what steps i should take before i paint my interior. Such things to be painted will be the speaker covers and vents. Do i need to do anything to them before painting? What kind of paint should i use? Also how do i take the vents off? Thanks~
DiGiTaL

Re: Interior painting help...

Post by DiGiTaL »

Make sure every thing is very clean . On any thing that is hard plastic primer should be applied first.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

I just painted my whole interior white and i used white vinyl interior paint. it worked fine but was hard to spray evenly and it ws expensive. if spraying alot you should use an automtive exterior base coat reduced and a hardener added to it , I heard it really bites into dashes and other panels. thats what i should have done. as for preping the surface i roughed it up just a tad and used a grese and wax remover before spraying, good luck
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

Boosted MX, Whats up? You know who it is email me at audi_otr@hotmail.com Ive got a couple of questions for ya. Cya<BR>Jim<BR>93 Clear White RS
mx32nv

Post by mx32nv »

I just finished paiting mine this weekend and here is what I did. First I cleaned the panels with Simple Green ( dilute w/ water ). I dried them off and lightly sanded the parts with 400 grade wet/dry sandpaper. After the sanding I cleaned them again with rubbing alcohol to get the sanding residie off. I then sprayed the panels with white primer ( Krylon, bought at Lowes Home Improvment ), this helps the paint stick and makes it easy to see what parts you miss when spraying the color. I waited for the Primer to dry about 30 minutes and then sprayed my first coat of color spray ( teal, bought at Advance Auto ). I sprayed about 3 thin coats allowing 1 hour in between coats. After the final coat I waited 1 hour and then applied 2 clear coats, waiting 30 minutes between coats. Let it dry for one day and it looks really nice. The paint sticks VERY GOOD! Don't spray too heavy. <P>I love the results, can't belive I waited so long to do it.<P>------------------<BR>Troy<BR>93 1.6L RS Teal
Troy<BR>Richmond, VA
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

if you have a teal mx3, go to a paint store and get aresol cans filled with the color coded paint. mine looks great!
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
J0ED0G

Post by J0ED0G »

glad it worked out for you. one more thing do you our can u get a picture of your interior online so i could check it out ?
MX3Chick

Post by MX3Chick »

If you have a Creek Blue Mica MX and go to get paint made with the paint code good luck getting it to match your car! I had paint made to match my car at an automotive paint place and they used my code. When I tested the paint it turned out purple...and the colors name was Astro Purple, not Creek Blue Mica. I ended up having to take my stuff to a body shop and had them do it. I did use the paint I had bought to paint parts on my intake and the bracket holding my intake and a couple of other parts. It has worked in my engine bay so far...<P>------------------<BR>Megen Murphy<BR>Dont hate me because Im beautiful, hate me because my car looks better than your boyfriends!
Megen Murphy
'11 Hyundai Sonata
94 MX3 RIP 9/8/04

Wanna cookie? ;)
betakid/mx-3

Post by betakid/mx-3 »

hey i got a black mx-3 and i just got finished painting my interior a bright blue color. I removed the the vents, speaker covers, doorhandles and the little piece that holds the auto. window controls. Sanded them with 600 sandpaper, cleaned them. Painted with white primer. Them 3 coats of blue waiting 30 min in between. Then waited over night to dry and put them in the next day. Came out good. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJ_X-ToNe:<BR><B>Does anyone know what steps i should take before i paint my interior. Such things to be painted will be the speaker covers and vents. Do i need to do anything to them before painting? What kind of paint should i use? Also how do i take the vents off? Thanks~</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>93,MX-3/GS
93,MX-3/GS

Return to “Appearance”