Mx-3 Won't Start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Johnjj728

Mx-3 Won't Start

Post by Johnjj728 »

So about a month ago my 93 GS stalled out in the morning when it was warming up. I went outside when i heard that it wasn't running, that was after about 5 minutes of it running. I was low on gas but not very low, the light had just turned on. I put in about 3 gallons and tried starting it, it wouldn't. Well the next day i registered my winter truck and took the Mazda off the road. Ever since then the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start, really close to starting. The battery is new and fully charged. Im getting fuel because my fuel pressure regulator says the correct psi. Any ideas why she wont start? The plug wires have under 10k miles on them, the plugs are NGK's and have about the same. The car has a KlZE with a Eunos 800 curved neck intake manifold, no EGR system. It has a corksport reprogrammed ecu and JE-50 VAF. The car ran great all summer and into the fall. When it got cold out, 25-35 in the morning, the car would idle real low and the fuel pressure would be at 60psi, way too high, obviously running extremely rich. I thought it was normal cuz it was cold out, because when it warmed up it would be back at 40psi or so. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im thinking it may be the distributor, or maybe its flooded? Sorry for the long post i wanted you guys to have as much info as possible. When im trying to start it theres some white smoke coming out, or water vapor, it could be either.

<small>[ December 17, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: John Jerrett ]</small>
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: Mx-3 Won't Start

Post by IanL »

If you think it's flooding, crank with the accelerator floored.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

i've tried that, it wont fire up. Any other suggestions anyone?
Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

Ive tried that also, im not pedro BTW. His post made it seem like i was...
1992mx3

Post by 1992mx3 »

That is pretty much what happened to my mx-3. I changed so many parts like disty cap rotor, plugs wires and fuel filter to name a few. so I installed the external coil and it runs good now. as far as flooding which is what my car did beacuse of the lack of spark. hope it helps.
1992 MX-3 GS in work.
2006 speed6, Wife say's i can't work on it.
2004 GSX-R 1000 Mat Mladin Replica
2006 toyota tacoma
1995 MX-6 in pieces almost ready for the junk yard, To much body damage.
Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

bump

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”