(located Probe engine please help)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cala Del Oso

(located Probe engine please help)

Post by Cala Del Oso »

I have taken the advice of people here and steered clear of the 4 cyl. engine. I thought I would ask the new question in this thread instead of making a new one. Thanks and the question is down a few posts.

<small>[ December 05, 2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Cala Del Oso ]</small>
papa roached

Re: (located Probe engine please help)

Post by papa roached »

get a KL-DE, would be easier to install than the B6 and easier to find than the K8
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yes, definitely easier. The B6T would fit best in a RS. Since you have the GS, you want to stick with a K-series V6. Don't get another K8; it's such a waste. You should upgrade to at least the KL-DE.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Cala Del Oso

Post by Cala Del Oso »

Thanks for the info guys. I won't bother calling about that engine. Anyways now you got me thinking. You say to upgrade to at least a KL-DE. From what vehicle could I get this engine and what years are compatible? From reading the posts here I am assuming that it comes from a Probe but the exact car and years would help. By the way the car is a 92 GS. Again thanks to anyone that helps me out with this.

<small>[ December 04, 2004, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Cala Del Oso ]</small>
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

KL-DE is from the ford probe GT, mazda mx-6, or mazda 626
Cala Del Oso

Post by Cala Del Oso »

Thanks for the quick response Johnnyb but could you also tell me what years of the Probe Gt, mazda mx-6, or mazda 626 the engine can be from? Also what are some other engines that can be swapped into the 92 gs? What are the cars and what years? I know about the KL-ZE from reading here on the site but don't know if I want to pay that much. Thanks alot guys.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah get a klde if you cant find a klze plus its cheaper..around 300 at a wrecker. I think autozone had it for 600 dlls not suire if this was short block or the whle thing. Also if you find a parts car...get the mx6s tranny :) longer 5th gear.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Any year KLDE. Any year KLDE VAF. pre '96 KLDE ECU.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Cala Del Oso

Post by Cala Del Oso »

I have located a 1989 Ford Probe GT in my area. Can I swap this engine into the 92 GS? If so is it a clean install? What is the engine that is in this car? Again thanks guys for taking the time to help out. I await your responses.

p.s. I am just trying to prolong the life of another mx-3. ;)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

No, the engine in the probe gt in that year is a 2.2L 4cylinder turbo, you want a probe/mx-6/626 engine from the year 1993+

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”