KLZE how much?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Vitale999

KLZE how much?

Post by Vitale999 »

I want to swap my K8 for a KLZE, how much does this procedure cost (assuming I do all the work myself)? I know this question has probably been asked a lot, just can't find anything relevant.
mxmaz

Re: KLZE how much?

Post by mxmaz »

probably a little over 2 grand with the engine, new clutch, ecu (kl31, or kl36), waterpump, belts etc..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

2G if you do it yourself maybe...my engine alone was $1200, $1600 with taxes and shipping...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I've spent well over $3500 so far, and I still have some (mostly cosmetic) stuff to do before I get her in...
Shooting for a little after Christmas!
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

i too am over 3000$ and I did the swap myself.

Engine - 1200$
Tranny MX6 - 200$
MSD wires - 180$
Platinum spark Plugs - 80$
Centerforce clutch - 440$
Fidanza Flywheel - 500$
Fluids, belts, lost bolts etc. ~300$
Urethane filled mounts - 40$
Timing Belt - 80$

and Im sure Im forgetting things too.
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

insted of going with a klze why not just get a cheap de and build it for a turbo. you could find a de for like $600 and spend the rest of the money on internals for it. i got lucky and found a built block for $1800. i added my ze heads and IM that were just waiting for there rest of the engine. look around on probetalk and mx6.com and see what they have for sale.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by bmwm3guy:
i too am over 3000$ and I did the swap myself.

Engine - 1200$
Tranny MX6 - 200$
MSD wires - 180$
Platinum spark Plugs - 80$
Centerforce clutch - 440$
Fidanza Flywheel - 500$
Fluids, belts, lost bolts etc. ~300$
Urethane filled mounts - 40$
Timing Belt - 80$

and Im sure Im forgetting things too.
What the hell? Even at Canadian prices, that's freaking obnoxious. Why not have bought the stuff at regular prices and spend closer to $2000? If you really wanted to get rid of the extra grand, you could have given it to me, and I could have kicked you in the balls?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

There was a link on here a while back for a brand new klde crate engine. It was $2000 then all you would need is the vaf and ecu you could pick up off probetalk for probably 80 bucks or so. New performance clutch for about $300. Plugs and wires for about $100. $2480 sounds like a good deal to me for all of that.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I think I was right around $3k when I was done. That was with the engine, ecu, headers, flywheel, clutch, catalytic, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, thermostat, valve cover gaskets and oils.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

where was link for klze's $500, maybe we could do group buy?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Wow like lakersfan said. Thats insane cash dropped. I bought my KL-ZE for $825+$125 for shipping, and bought a new clutch and lightened flywheel off a guy for $200 I really don't know where you guys are buying these motors for such high prices.. DAMN.. My motor was in mint condition and came in three days. But i'm not telling where I got it!! :p :p :p
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

LOL just kidding! Thought I was a **** huh?
http://www.noyanusa.com Go there, the website is subpar. But the quality and customer service is second to none. All they have is curved neck manifolds though. But thats what we all want anyhow. Did I mention they have an awesome warrenty too?!
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hehe for 3000 dlls I could just buy a 90s turbo talon :p Over here a klde costs around 300 dlls, can get clutch for 100 (excedy) and vaf probably free with the engine... 3000 is just way over the limit for me, I would just buy a faster car with that :p anywho, search around . Ive seen klzes for 500 usually cost 1200 shipped. get the VAF and ECU!!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
stang67fb

Post by stang67fb »

ok guys this guy is only asking how much a swap is not a swap with a new tranny,flywheel,clutch,wires,headers and whatever else you guys added in to your swap prices. Seriously if you were to look around and do some good searching you can get your swap done for right around 1500$ or so with a ze ecu and manifold. Now thats just the engine and using your stock trans,clutch,wires. Ive seen plenty of Ze's for sale on ebay or even on various sites for like 500$ or so up to 1000$ + shipping. Then you get the ecu for like 150$ and a manifold for about the same, oh then theres the little tune up parts too (preventative labor) TB,WP,oil change.But anyways it doesnt cost ANYWHERE near 3g to swap a ZE in. With a few upgrades Yes about 2g would be right.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I bought one of those $500 ZE's at first. It was a giant piece of sh*t! I ended up being out $750 with shipping. Bought my 2nd one from noyan and it's been great. You get what you pay for when you buy these engines.

As far as spending $3k being too much I don't think it was for what I ended up with. I have a car that drives like a normal car. It's quiet smooth etc.. It gives me 30mpg+ on the highway and runs mid 14's. I just got rid of a turbo talon a few months ago. That car was way faster but I hated driving it. The turbo lag was awful and it was never as smooth and quiet as my MX. Plus it only got ~18mpg. For the drag strip the talon was great. For a car I have to live with everyday the MX with the swap is a million times better.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”