K8 died 2day, wut happend!?!?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bluebullet

K8 died 2day, wut happend!?!?

Post by bluebullet »

so i got an oil change like 1,500 km ago and a couple days ago i heard a ticking sound like there was no oil n i found out i didnt have any..so i filled it..took about 2 quarts and the ticking sound was still there...the sound wasnt thats bad at idle but when u reved it past 3,000 rpm it sounded real bad!! like the valve was hitting something!...1 day after i start driving n i pick up a friend n as im driving my car feels like it wants to stall n made a weird sound so i pushed the clutch in n then it stalled...i pulled over n popped the hood everthing was alright but i tryed to start the car n it didnt even crank over! finally after trying to bump start it, it juss started up...but now it sounded like someone threw rocks inside my engine!!! first does n e one know what this could be? is it going to cost a lot to fix? or should i just start looking into doing the ZE swap because its not worth the fix?....thanx a lot guys and girls!!! ne help would be great!!!
RoundTop

Re: K8 died 2day, wut happend!?!?

Post by RoundTop »

Is there any oil in it right now? How about coolant? any grey/black gunge in the coolant? (oil in the coolant)

It sounds like you were running without oil. Maybe there is a large leak somewhere. Try this, top up the oil and put a CLEAN cardboard sheet under the car. have a look in the morning for any oil stains on it. That will tell you if there is a leak.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

sounds like ur engine is toasted... get klde
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

if it's knocking it either your crank bearings or big ends or both if you ran it with no oil for any longer than a few seconds at high speed.........
bluebullet

Post by bluebullet »

well it did burn oil but i always topped it up and it was low on oil and i topped it up n it was still there and no there was no leak n the coolent is fine! so i think it may be swap time!
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

swap time! :2thumbsup:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”