Rotating Engine

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Matrix733

Rotating Engine

Post by Matrix733 »

Hello again guys, is it normal when the engine is out of the car to not be able to completely rotate the crackshaft clockwise over and over again.

I ask because mine is not in the car and when i was changing the timing belt, i rotate it to line the marks up, but sometimes i would miss it and just kept going in the same direction and then it got stuck and i would have to go the other direction.

Am concerned because this is not the original engine, i bought thie one to replace the original one, but am changing all the belts and most of the gasket before i put it in. The yard gave me a 1 year warranty but i would hate to do all this work and come to find out i have to take this engine back out. Thanks.
Knowledge Is Power ; Keep Cracking
papa roached

Re: Rotating Engine

Post by papa roached »

are you sure its not just the compression pumping up?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Do you still have the spark plugs in? Need to pull them to relieve the cylinder pressure.
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

I now have the plugs pulled, so i will try again and let you all know, thanks.

JL
Matrix733

Post by Matrix733 »

This does not look good. I have all the spark plugs removed and when i turn the crankshaft it rotates once and then get stuck, i have to go the opposite direction for it to turn again.

I then tried to turn the crankshaft on the original engine i just took out, and even with the plugs in, it turns fine. The spark plug wells on this engine had oil in the wells but don't you guys think something must be broke inside for it not to turn?

any insight would be much appreciated, thanks.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”