First Driving Impressions

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
TsiMiata

First Driving Impressions

Post by TsiMiata »

Today was the first day I got to really rive my new 93 GS. I thought I'd post my random thoughts-<p>Interior-
Gauges- The needles should be another color than white. The needles blend in with the white background lettering making them tough to see at a glance.<p> Center console- I dont know who decided a double decker center console was a great idea- Because it isn't. It inteferes badly with being able to shift easily.<p> Seats- I love them. Very supportive and comfortable. These are one of the best factory seats in any car IMO. MUCH better than the seats in my "sports car" miata.<p> Over all the interior is laid out nicely with every in easy reach. The shifter falls right into your hand, steering wheel is right where it should be. I give it a thumbs up!<p>Engine- The only word to describe it is smooth. I've owned several rotaries and those are suppose to be the smoothest engine going. I hate to say it but this is even smoother. Throttle response is excellent. Its so smooth I have trouble being able to tell where to shift with out staring at the gauges. Power is on the low side but thats nothing a little KLZE can't solve. I wish the exhaust note was a little more pronounced.<p>The handling is very good for a bone stock car. I can't wait to put some suspension mods in place and throw it around then. I havent autocrossd it yet but I feel it wil do pretty well.<p>I LIKE IT :D
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Tyler17rose

Re: First Driving Impressions

Post by Tyler17rose »

Me too!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TsiMiata:
Center console- I dont know who decided a double decker center console was a great idea- Because it isn't. It inteferes badly with being able to shift easily.<hr></blockquote><p>Oh! You have one of those! Thats rare...betcha you have a cupholder folded underneath one of the lits right?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

My impression of the engine is the same. Like butter. No matter what RPM I'm at, I have trouble hearing it over the road noise. I think I'm going to Dynamat by the wheel wells a bit, and when it's time to replace the tires, go with a quieter tread.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Yeah it actually has two sets of cup holders. The lid has two holders in it- I assume for people sipping capuccino in the luxurious rear seats. When flipped open it becomes a center console for the rear seats. The other one is in the "middle" section of the center console- for front seat passengers. Both of them are coming out very soon. I'm driving around with the console open right now so I can shift with out being a contortionist.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”