KL-ZE throttle cable

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
papa roached

KL-ZE throttle cable

Post by papa roached »

got my ZE in today, runs great, but i got a bit of slack on the throttle cable and its adjusted all the way, how do i get rid of this slack, its on a 97 millenia intake
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: KL-ZE throttle cable

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I've got the same intake as you and to remove the slack on the throttle cable..I bent the thing hoolding it farther away from the TB...you could still just customize a holding bracket..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

Where the bracket bolts into the manifold, I modified the bolt holes to make them longer, slid the bracket back then tightened it back to the manifold. Make's it kind of "adjustable" for lack of better terms.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Guessing you didn't put that spacer plate in that was between the K8 TB and IM? Anyways, I had the opposite problem on mine with too tight. I used a metal grinder to cut the bottom support enough to allow me to bend it back and forth to be in a better position so that I could use the regular tensioner mechanism to fine tune the tension.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i didnt know i had to use the spacer from the K8, wouldnt that be restrictive? im just gonna drill out the holes on the bracket and make it adjustable, thanx for the help guys, you all are the best :2thumbsup:
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

You dont want to use the spacer, yes it would be restrictive.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
ma24691

Post by ma24691 »

Does anybody know if the throttle rotor assembly from the k8 manifold would fit on the millenia manifold? I got my curved neck manifold and throttle body, but the throttle body has no throttle rotor (that piece on the t.b. opposite the t.p.s. that the accelerator cable is attatched to). All it has is a stud sticking out of the t.b. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Manny
Los Angeles
1992 MX-3 GS 2.5L V6
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

get the throttle butterfly rotor from a ford probe or MX6 at the junkyard. You can't swap the one from your K8 throttle body, I know from experience :(
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
get the throttle butterfly rotor from a ford probe or MX6 at the junkyard. You can't swap the one from your K8 throttle body, I know from experience :(
Are you guys talking about the grooved circular thing the throttle cable terminates in? I pulled the one off my K8 TB and put it on my KLZE TB. Works fine. :shrug: Just doesn't have a backstop for the rotor now. But I didn't need it. Still dialed in a steady 600 RPM idle.
ma24691

Post by ma24691 »

Gro Harlem:
Why exactly is it that it won't fit?

lakersfan1:
How'd you get it to fit? It looks like the millenia tb has an extra stud and some kind of bump with a tiny stud in it that would be in the way of the throttle rotor. That, and the little stumps that the 2 springs hook on to are at like 12o'clock on the K8 tb, and they are at 7o'clock on the millenia's.

Thanks in advance guys.
Manny
Los Angeles
1992 MX-3 GS 2.5L V6
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

the probe and klze throttle bodies use TWO posts for their butterfly thingy. My K8 tb only had one of these posts.

one of those posts is the pivot-point for the butterfly, the other one is a lil bit lower on the throttle body and an additional thing pivots on that. If you try to take the circular K8 throttle cable holder & bolt it up to the KLZE/Probe throttle body, it won't clear the lower "post".

I dunno how the hell anyone could've got their K8 crap on a ZE throttle body. And yes, i'm talking about the MILLENIA throttle body (i have one now). I just used the butterfly cable-holder thing it came with. and shimmed the bracket to hold the cable in place
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”