crappy!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

crappy!

Post by jaknichols85 »

ok well i posted before about getting screwed over on the klze. they sent me a crap engine. the shop i took it to said that the cylinder walls would have to be bored out, new pistons, all of the cams are shot, so new cams, pretty much all the barrings had rust on them, and one of the exhaust manifolds was rusted beyond repair. so right now im really screwed over on this whole thing. the 1.8L i swapped out was crap and still is crap, so i cant put that back in. and now the 2.5L i have is crap unless i rebuild the shart out of it. which would cost a lot. i dont have much money, but i am lucky that my fam. has money, but i would have to pay them back. but they are saying why pay to rebuild the engine when the rebuild cost would be more money than the car was worth. so they say that i should junk the car or sell the shell and buy a new mx3. but i was thinking, why the fudge would i run back with my tail between my legs and get the same car with the same crappy engine in it. i dont know how you guys would feel, but i would wrather be 2 grand or 2 and a half grand in the hole instead of buying another mx3 with a 1.8 in it. What do you guys think i should do? or any other suggestions...... oh yeah, another thing we thought about doing is just ask the company to send another engine and just hope that its either good, or it wont have to be rebuilt as much as the one right now. so any suggestions would be appreciated a lot. thanks
mxmaz

Re: crappy!

Post by mxmaz »

send the motor back and buy one from a reputable company???
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

What condition was the motor represented to be in? How did you pay for it? I'd be sending it back if it was me, cause it does sound like what they sent you is NOT what you thought you were buying..

I don't think the 1.8L engine is crap.. There's lots of MX-3 owners still running around on them. The number of us that actually blow our motors is fairly small.. and I think most of us that have done so would admit to not being 'sedate' drivers, but rather push our engines very hard.

In any case, I'd not accept being ripped off by the folks that sold you an engine that's obviously a POS.. I'd be demanding a refund or a replacement! or I'd be talking to the BBB and state attorney general regarding fraud charges
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I don't think the 1.8 is crap. I drive mine hard and it is great.

However I think he was referring to condition of the engine, not the engine itself.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

The same exact thing happen to me when I bought my first ZE. In the end I dedcided it was cheaper to buy a new ZE than rebuild what I had. The gasket kit alone for the engine was close to $400. Then you have rings, machine work etc.. on top of that. Then all this work is into an engine that was really all that good to start with.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Dont let them rip you off! I am sure if they told you it was junk, you would have never paid. So unless you paid like 200 dollars for the engine on a sale rack becouse it was junk, I would demand a replacement, or refund.

Hope it works out for you.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”