auto engine w/ 5spd tranny

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJester187

auto engine w/ 5spd tranny

Post by DJester187 »

is there any kind of sensor that is on the ze that is programed/acting for auto tranny that would affect my idle/acceleration?
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
lakersfan1

Re: auto engine w/ 5spd tranny

Post by lakersfan1 »

No. If you've got the ECU for a manual, you should be fine as far as sensors go. The only thing different from a manual and auto engine is the fly wheel. You put the flywheel for the manual on before you strap the manual tranny up, and you're good to go.
hgallegos915

Re: auto engine w/ 5spd tranny

Post by hgallegos915 »

It is recommended that u resurface the flywheel and about the idle..no it shouldnt o.0 if u got an outo the code for um I believe (not sure) neutral start switch , the one that doesnt let the car start if its not in parking or neutral.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”