Vacuum hoses on CAI.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Vacuum hoses on CAI.

Post by lakersfan1 »

OK. On the Integra intake I bought, there are two bungs for vacuum line. The smaller one seems to be the right size, however, the larger one isn't as big as the vacuum line that's T'd into the accordian section right now. So how do I get it to work? If I just tapped a hold and pulled the plastic fitting out of the accordian, can I just shove it in the new CAI tube? I've searched the archives, and didn't see any answer to the resolution on this question.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Vacuum hoses on CAI.

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the big vacuum line goes INSIDE the existing line..It will hold without a problem
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

what year integra intake fits again?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
drift

Post by drift »

Babybluemx3's picture is the same way I have mine, except it managed to get the hose over the stock fitting. It was a PITA, and took me half an hour, but I managed to get it on.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
the big vacuum line goes INSIDE the existing line..It will hold without a problem
So you're saying I was supposed to get some kind of hose with the kit? The intake I got was a remnant from my brother-in-law selling his Integra. He took all the parts he could reuse. I've just got the metal tube, wiht the rubber couplers on order from Pep Boys. :shrug:
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yup the blue (big vacuum) was supose the come with it..It would help a lot to have it :p

oh and the intake is 90-93 acura intake
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'm not too keen on the looks of that setup with a tube inside a tub, then having the vent on the other side. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a proper sized fitting and weld it on myself, or maybe even anyone know if a muffler shop might have various fittings they could weld on in shop? I know there fittings on a cat. converter, but not sure if all of them are the same size, and if they're all already fitted to the cat or if sometimes they need to try new ones?? Any ideas of where I can find fittings like that in metal, and what applications they might be used in?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”