quick question ---- clutch

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lok

quick question ---- clutch

Post by lok »

how often should i change the clutch normally?.. every 100,000km?.. every 200,000km?.. becoz my mx is 100,000km right now.. and i think the clutch has a little problem.. it makes some weird noise sometimes and not so smooth.. and what kind of clutch should i get that is good?.. pls give me some ideas...thx
SimonPK

Re: quick question ---- clutch

Post by SimonPK »

change it when it fails or the engine is out - unless you have $$$$'s to waste
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you're having problems, then yes, you should change it. A clutch could go at 20,000 miles if you drive it like crap, or some conservative drivers can get over 150,000 miles on thier clutch just fine. Look on eBay for the Exedy clutch set for a Ford Probe 2.5L V6. Hs everything you need including new bearings and pressure plate.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

there is no recommended interval.

Simply change it when it begins to affect how you drive & how the power is laid down to the ground (aka slippage). I've had clutches last over 200k miles on some of my cars, while others lasted 20k. IT depends on your driving style, the poewr of the engine VS the size of the clutch your using and how crappy the clutch's quality is to begin with.

DO NOT get a "dynapak" autozone clutch. They are garbage. That is the one that lasted me 20k miles on my FESTIVA of all things. It only had a 1.6 SOHC 16v MX3 motor installed and was driven normally with barely any drag launches and now it needs replacing.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lok

Post by lok »

thx guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”