removing ecu speed/rev limiter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
korban

removing ecu speed/rev limiter

Post by korban »

Any know how to remove the ecu;;s rev/speed limiter?

Thanks
Jutzi420

Re: removing ecu speed/rev limiter

Post by Jutzi420 »

You running a ZE ECU? There was a post not too long ago about that. Basically you gotta cut the wire running to the ECU that tells it what speed you're doing. It runs to PIN 1M, I think the wire was Black with a white stripe. Terminal #1 is the one closest to the firewall if my memory serves me right, and 1M should be the 5th wire.

I never found a post giving a straight answer as to whether or not disconnecting that wire will screw up anything else. So I just ran mine through a switch, I've used it a couple times and never noticed any odd behavior.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Why in the hell would you want to do that? So that you can over rev your motor and blow it up or becuase you like to rev the motor so high that it has no power anyway. All the V-6s start to loose HP and have no real torque past 6500 anyway. there is no sense in running past that you'll just go slower.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

I don't think he wants to intentionally over rev the motor, he just wants to go faster. :driver:
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You don't go faster when you rev over the red- line with out changing cam profile. The engine starts to loose power after 6500 RPM anyway. So if you change gears at 6500 you'll go faster then if you change at say 7500. Unless of coarse he is just running out of RPM in a drag REALLY close to the end of the track and doesn't want to let off the accelerator or change gears.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”