KFZE DYNOED SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

KFZE DYNOED SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

Post by Mnemonic »

ok i have massive power loss due to using the wrong Intake setup (Using 1.8 IM TB and to small of a CAI)
will fix and have re dynoed sometime in the next 2 weeks
:mad:

<small>[ May 26, 2004, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Mnemonic ]</small>
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: KFZE DYNOED SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

Post by atlantamx3 »

Ouch!

Those #'s Suck!!

You dont even have twice the wheel HP I have!!

:confused2:

:crying:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Your not off by much really. KFZE is what 160hp? You lose at least 35hp in the drivetrain. That puts you at 125hp. 10hp can easily be explained by the K8 manifold etc..
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

damn man, that sux
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Why're you using the K8 TB for? Didn't it come with a 60mm throttle body already? And you should at least get a short neck KLDE manifold. They're only like $35-$50 on Probetalk. The manifold I have in my garage for a rainy day project might be good for it too. It's a 2002 626 manifold, which has square runners right up to the end, then taper to the slightly smaller round runners at the flange. Short straight neck with no kink in it. But it doesn't have a vacuum hookup for IAC, which means it needs a KLZE throttle body anyways with the self vacuuming KLZE IAC.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Well not really i should have alot more, based on what mods ive done, i am loosing a **** load of power. a stock 2.5 kl03 puts down 130hp to the wheels and it has 160bhp. so stock i should be putting 140 to my wheels or so, and im not stock, so some where there is a problem i should be putting down 150-165 whp with no problem, so something is majorly wrong, its more than like the combination of the Intake system and exhaust causing the engine not to be able to breathe well
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I am swapping to the kl03 intake manifold sunday and i have the 2.0 TB but due to lack of time on parts i had to just swap the 1.8 over, but should have the majority of problems fixed reall soon, its defintely a breathing problem

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Barring how it dyno'd, how does it drive compared to the K8?

Also, have you done a Seafoam decarbing to clean the pistons and valves.....or did you do like a whole teardown before installing it anyways?

<small>[ May 26, 2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: lakersfan1 ]</small>
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Did they have a big fan blowing air by the Radiator/Intake (to simulate driving)??
~Perry
Please visit
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by atlantamx3:
Did they have a big fan blowing air by the Radiator/Intake (to simulate driving)??
That could make a difference especially on our engines that rely on air to keep the manifold cool. If anything, running it again will at least tell us how restrictive our K8 intake manifold and TB are vs. the KLDE, which I've always wanted to see the difference on a dyno. :2thumbsup:
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

The average kfze if its a true kfze will put down the same numbers as the kl03. I have said this time and time again it was rated at 164hp with some being at 170hp because they used a MAF not a VAF. Know there is also a kfde out there that has all the same block features that only has 140hp. Pulls you say in your sig you have all this work done to it plus Kl03 Intake Manifold(port matched), Klze throttle body, but you said you was using the k8 :confused2: :werd:
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yes i am using the k8 IM and yes i have that work done to my kl03 intake the only reason its not on is it has to be adapted to fit on the kl03 as the underside filters are not the same (the little black boxes) but as i stated b4 this will all be fixed sunday

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Hey. I tried searching for a K8 Dyno, and you're right. You are doing bad on power. You're pulling less HP than is possible on a K8-DE. Just more torque. Are you sure you didn't get suckered with a KF-DE from Europe?

:shrug: Maybe you guys both need to work out your JDM issues.

<small>[ May 27, 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: lakersfan1 ]</small>
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

im pritty sure that its from japan, since the company i got it from has 2 parts of there company , 1 here in atlanta and the other in japan, i even saw the shipping label for the engine.

It has also come to my attention that the dyno was a mustang dyno so that could be contributing to my numbers being off, im gonna swap IM this weekend and go to a different dyno tuesday, ill post new results then.

atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I know you think that makes sense, and in some ways it does-- but think of this--

Switching Intake Manifolds AND Dyno's isnt really a smart thing. To tell how much more restrictive that Intake manifold is-- you really should take it back to DynoLab after you swap & have them use the same parameters they used for your first dyno. BY changing Dynos-- they could set it up different and you could get different numbers.

I think you are changing too many variables.

I would swap Manifolds, leave your current CAI and take it back to DynoLab.

Have them use the same set-up for the Dyno.

1st run-- Baseline run with short ram intake
2nd run-- put the CAI extension on
3rd run-- Switch back to your PRM Intake

That would give you a better idea of what you are getting by switching Intake Manifolds-- and you will be able to tell which Intake system gives YOU more power.

I would also eventually upgrade to a 3" intake pipe.

Just some things for you to think about...

:2thumbsup:
~Perry
Please visit

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”