Looking for a good clutch

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lilg19utk

Looking for a good clutch

Post by lilg19utk »

I was wondering if anyone out there can give me a recommendation on a good clutch to get to replace my OEM clutch. I saw several of them online but im not sure which one to go with centerforce or clutch master. ALso does anyone know just how hard it is to change out the clutch? thanks
lakersfan1

Re: Looking for a good clutch

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you've got a K8 still, just get a eBay Exeddy for the Probe/MX6. Some Probers on ProbeTalk prefer the inexpensive Exeddy clutch set over the over level CF anyways.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I use Centerforce and really enjoy it.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

I;m using an act stage 1 :2thumbsup:
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

If your K8 is stock or only has and intake and exaust nothing to beefy, just get the stock replacement. Its a good reliable clutch. You can buy a nice rebuilt one from napa for about $100 plus a $20 core charge. Thats what i have and after 20,000 it still grabs great. Chirp second easily whenever I want.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
lilg19utk

Post by lilg19utk »

has anyone else had any experience with the centerforce clutch? Or the Act. I also found out that Spec makes a clutch for the mx-3 Has anyone heard anything good or bad about them?
korban

Post by korban »

i picked up an act clutch with serious presure plate was made for the mx-3 holds nearly 300lbs/ft torque and mega horse power. installed it when i did my swap, it grabs like a beast and never slips ran me about 550 canadian though with pressure plate , bearings, pad etc.. would highly reccomend it.

If your looking for something a little less racey go with a sprung hub setup. So you dont get the chatter.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I hear that both the Exedy and the Clutch Master are both good. I know people who used both kinds and neither have had problems. Both are alittle over stock and drive pretty hard. I use the ACT stage III, but that is for more power MX-3s. It is great if you plan on adding about 100HP soon. So really take your pick and find a good price.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”