My new GS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lcf666

My new GS

Post by lcf666 »

HI, I bought a 1993 MX-3 GS 1.8 V6. I want to buy an intake, but dont know which one is better for my V6. what you guys recommend me? and what about HKS super mega flow intake. link
eldondemarco

Re: My new GS

Post by eldondemarco »

The HKS intake for the GS is awesome. It supplies no restriction in the intake whatsoever. LOTS better than the stock intake box which holds lots of angles and bends to reduce air flow. I recommend the HKS. And the whole heat soak issue didn't affect me too much. I gain about the same HP with the PRM intake as the HKS intake but if you absolutely want colder air go with the PRM or buy the HKS and route yourself cool air from the grill.
lcf666

Re: My new GS

Post by lcf666 »

thanks. Im so happy with the V6 sound.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I had the HKS kit, and I dont recommend it.
It filters particles really bad.

And after a while, it can get clogged and seriously affect performance.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

I got the HKS kit and it sucks, its just a mushroom style filter and a braket. But waste of money!!! I bought a integera sytle cold air intake off ebay and just cut the pipes to fit. Thats what most ppl have done on this site. But if you want a "real" brand new intake still don't get HKS!! Look on this site, kinda expensive and i don't know if this style works good, but give it a shot. http://www.rswerks.com/performance.html
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Thanks for that link.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

No matter what piping is used for the intake, K&N is the way to go. Excellent performance and lasts forever. Not cheap but worth every penny, pound, lyra, euro, krona, gilder, peso, kuna or whatever.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”