Differences in headers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxer4eva

Differences in headers

Post by mxer4eva »

I was wondering is there any difference between the headers on a k8 and those of the ones found a a klde or a klze.

My reasoning for asking is that the intake manifold from a klde/ze flows better in comparison to that of the K8. Thus wouldnt the exhaust manifold be slightly larger to help get all the spent exhaust gases out of the engine. the Kl engine has nearly a liter more of displacment, .7 to be exact. Thus wouldnt that require a better flowing exhaust system.

If any one could answer this for me it would be greatly appericated.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Differences in headers

Post by mitmaks »

will probe headers (v6) and mazda 626 v6 version headers fit klze and k8 in mx3?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I believe stock manifold are the same (klze and k8 are the same so...)and headers can be adapted to the car by pushing the cat a foot or 2 back
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

they were identical when I removed my K8 and KLZE manifolds. same port sizes and all
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”