aftermarket cruise and original cruise buttons possible?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SIXPACK

aftermarket cruise and original cruise buttons possible?

Post by SIXPACK »

I hope someone can help!
when I bought my MX the owner had installed a nice aftermarket cruise control that works great.
recently I got the MX-3 SE leather interior including steering wheel w. cruise buttons. I would like to use the buttons on the swheel with my aftermarket cruise but how is the original MX cruise wired to the steering wheel? I have never seen original cruise controls on MX-3's here so I cant really understand how it works and how you can turn the wheels without twisting all the wires and everything :confused2:

/SIXPACK
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
SE-Man

Re: aftermarket cruise and original cruise buttons possible?

Post by SE-Man »

well it would depend on the type of system you have set up now. The single most important thing being you'd have to have the wiring halo for the steering wheel. Second being the button systems would have to be compatible with your aftermarcket CC. The MX-3's CCsystem is a simple on and off buttons with a complex coast and accel buttons.

ok, now for the design, the wire halo is a device that allows the wires to be wired on the wheel with out them bunching up or ripping. Now the wire halo that comes with the MX is a 3 conducter halo (horn / cc power / cc return) so you'd only have two wires that run to the cc buttons. personally I think it might be possible to run two halos but i'm not to sure with out actually tering my stearing wheel apart. So thats what your looking at. I can't tell if your system is compatible or not with out looking at it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”