ZE PROB

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cozmo959

ZE PROB

Post by cozmo959 »

while i was idling the revs suddenly dropped to like 200 rpms for a lil while then returned to the normal revs and then it dropped again and stayed that way. all i could smell was gas. i thought i had a fuel leak but everything is fine. anyone one have any input?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: ZE PROB

Post by Mnemonic »

sounds like vacume hoses arnt done right
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hmm i have had the same experience one time...
I had been riding on the freeway fast and for a very long time,when i parked with the car ideling it began going down in idle then up again just like you discribed it :)

Dont know if it helps you with your problem,but the symptoms was so a like i thought i would reply..
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

According to the manual, the following are likely causes of idle speed fluctuation:

Idle Switch (Throttle Sensor) contact
Air leakage
Injector Problem (check supply volts, injector resistance and continuity to ECU)
Poor contact in VAF
Ignition problem (plug, lead, distributor cap)
Injector leakage

and lastly, the ECU
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
cozmo959

Post by cozmo959 »

thanks guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”