different power locks for different years?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
morcheeba

different power locks for different years?

Post by morcheeba »

Heyas,<p>I have a 1996 GS model that was recently t-boned (drivers side) by an idiot who wasn't paying attention. Thankfully it's all covered by insurance. <p>The drivers door had to be replaced and now I have a question... before the accident, I swear I used to be able to lock the drivers door from the interior (it would also lock the passengers) and just shut the door normally and it would be locked.<p>Now I have to lock the door from the interior and hold the door handle up while shutting it in order for it to lock. <p>I may be crazy, but I swear I never had to do that before. I know it has to be done on the passenger side, though.<p>Do different years of Mx-3's differ in this?
quicksliver

Re: different power locks for different years?

Post by quicksliver »

hmm, ya the later models must be different. Cause i have a 92' GS and i have to hold the handle up :shrug: .
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

it should be standard across the board it just might have been broken :shrug:
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

well if u shut it to hard it unlocks too
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michelle:
The drivers door had to be replaced and now I have a question... before the accident, I swear I used to be able to lock the drivers door from the interior (it would also lock the passengers) and just shut the door normally and it would be locked.<p>Now I have to lock the door from the interior and hold the door handle up while shutting it in order for it to lock. <hr></blockquote><p>I'm not too sure on models, but my GS is partial power locks, the passenger door lock mirrors what the driver side door's lock does, but not vica versa<p>As for the hold-the-handle-while-closing-the-door, my Mx-3's doors are like that, and both front doors on my parent's '90 Mazda 626 are like that, i also heard that my friends friends civic is lke that
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”