KFZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MazdaNewbie

KFZE

Post by MazdaNewbie »

Can the ecu from a k8 be used on a kfze or no?
Aston Wards

Re: KFZE

Post by Aston Wards »

yes it can, but no it is not advised, the K8 ecu pumps in too much fuel
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actually i would think it doesnt pump enough fuel, due to the fact its made for the 1.8 and this is a 2.0, now the 2.5 will run way to rich
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:
actually i would think it doesnt pump enough fuel, due to the fact its made for the 1.8 and this is a 2.0, now the 2.5 will run way to rich
The ECU does not provide fuel according to engine size, it calculates what is needed according to the air measured by the VAF, coolant temperature, oxygen content in exhaust, etc. It contains data, created for a particular engine, which contains the rules for the calculation.

The relationship given by the data is only valid for the engine for which it was created, and a change of engine and/or VAF may result in incorrect mixture at some or all operating points. The effect is impossible to state simply by reference to engine size, although it can be discovered by experiment.

If possible, use the ECU and VAF for the engine in question. If not, be guided by the experimental data.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Great answer Ian, good to know there are people out there who understand how these things work!
Trust me, i've tried running my KF on a K8 ecu - too much gas!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

make shure to use the kf-ze injectors as well, i'm runing my kf-ze on a 2.5 ecu and i'm not runing rich
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
cozmo959

Post by cozmo959 »

anyone wanna buy a jdm kf-15 ecu?
bugz

Post by bugz »

ok iv been tyring to figure this out for a long time. when i got my engine thay said it was a 1.8 but it had a ford valve cover. so the first thing i thought was 2.5 it has k8 stamped on very back of block kl in the block num an kf on heads.. it studerd alot at idle with 1.8 ecu with 2.5 ecu its idling smooth but i get the rich smell when im on it.. im still running 1.8 injectors, intake man, o2 sen, an vaf. i had to run the 1.8 man since it was the strait neck. can anyone help.
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
bugz

Post by bugz »

since the new engine had the strait neck
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

1st off all K series blocks are K8 blocks they just have different bores, thats why alot of them have k8 on the block, and for the stamp you could have a set of kf heads on the 2.5 why you would is beyond me, im curious to know why it had a straight neck? also because you are using the 1.8 IM you could have your vacum hoses mixed up
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

pelado

Post by pelado »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:
1st off all K series blocks are K8 blocks they just have different bores, thats why alot of them have k8 on the block, and for the stamp you could have a set of kf heads on the 2.5 why you would is beyond me, im curious to know why it had a straight neck? also because you are using the 1.8 IM you could have your vacum hoses mixed up
Using the same logic, all K8 blocks are really KL blocks with different bores.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you could say that as well, but since most of them have the k8 stamp on them

bugz

Post by bugz »

so if it has kl on the vin then it should be 2.5 ? im not sure what vacume like could be mixed but maybe . it still has a little studder at idle just not as noticeable. the intake through me off more cause the probe intake still works on the mx3 due to its not as long but this one acually hits the brake res.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”