Car Wont Start right Away

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jiggapoppajay

Car Wont Start right Away

Post by jiggapoppajay »

My car was starting fine when i first got it. since i didnt have insurance yet i just played with it in my yard. sitting in it one day with the heat on using the battery the car cut off. fine, i got a boost and then the car started back up. unhooking the cables i tried to start back up again and all i heard was 'click' everytime i turned the key. got the car registered, took it to Strauss Auto Center where they changed the starter (twice). I also changed the battery. Now when i go to start the car i have to turn the key almost 100 times before one time i get lucky and it starts. What should I do???? Help!!!!!!! I Know NOTHING at all about cars. Someone want to take a look at it? im in the NY area. :(
stang67fb

Re: Car Wont Start right Away

Post by stang67fb »

sounds like the ignition switch,bad ground, or some bad or loose relays somewhere. just some things off the top of my head. a friend had that problem,turned out to be the starter solenoid,got a new starter and it was all good.maybe you got the wrong starter or its just one of the other things listed above.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
bikeguy18974

Re: Car Wont Start right Away

Post by bikeguy18974 »

my car went from starting just fine to needing to be cranked for a while. I had a check engine light though. I replaced the distributor and all was fine. Your situation sounds a little different but the dist is another possibility

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”