Lemans

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Lemans

Post by mitmaks »

I've heard that mazda with some rotary engine won Lemans 24 hour race somewhere in Europe, Paris if I'm not wrong, anyone know if its true, btw no other asian car (honda, etc) have won that race, mazda was first.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
millionflame

Re: Lemans

Post by millionflame »

Yes, they are the only Japanese manufacturer to win that race.<p>Not this year though.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

hehe Le Mans is in France alright..
Anyway, in 1991 a Mazda Mazda 787 B race.<p>I would really like to see a RX-8 in that race in a few years time :)
red-mx3

Post by red-mx3 »

Actually if I recall correctly they banned use of the rotary engine because it was deemed too advantageous. The 787B race car can be seen and raced in GT3 on playstation 2.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by red-mx3:
Actually if I recall correctly they banned use of the rotary engine because it was deemed too advantageous. The 787B race car can be seen and raced in GT3 on playstation 2.<hr></blockquote><p>Are you sure about that? I don't think you're correct, but you very well could be.<p>If they DID ban it, then that would explain why Mazda just doesn't bother with it anymore.<p>I don't blame them.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

i heard (hear say sucks i know) that mazda was kicked out because porsche was complaining and they got kicked out. dont know how true it is but thats what ive seen and heard from diff people. if it is true i think its funny that the almighty porsche would whine about a car company as mazda. oh well we still are the only japanese car comp. to win. im happy..... :p
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

Ferrari is normally the one who whines. And since they bring so much money to the FIA organization, FIA tends to change the rules in their favor. This is not to mention the preferential treatment of the home turf French car companies.<p>If you look at the history of LeMans (and FIA European racing in general,) you'll see companies like Ford and Porsche having to play catch-up when rules changes tilt the tables in the favor of Ferrari, Peugeot and others.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

The 787B had a number of advanced engine systems that were deemed to be too favorable to the vehicle. For example the 787B used adjustable length runners, however the governing body decided that rotary engine should not have these. Then they attempted to ban the Rotary engine itself, but I believe they could not get that to pass.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

i really think that is sad.. racing is something that should help push technologys to the limits and beyound. but then again i am only a pizza manager what would i care =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”