ANSA mufflers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bad_mazda

ANSA mufflers

Post by bad_mazda »

anyone got one? any opinon at all? just wondering cuz im consider getting one of their universal mufflers, but im not looking for a rice sound just something slightly louder than stock in roughly the same shape.
Kf-ze
slogar

Re: ANSA mufflers

Post by slogar »

Yeah, I had an ansa ss universal dual-outlet "muffler" (ha!) until just a few days ago. Be warned, its loud as hell (VERY boomy) below about 4k rpm, then screams like a beast. Probably sounds great on a track. I replaced the stock resonator with a 24" straight louvered-core glasspack to try to cut down on the resonance--it was much better but still pretty loud. So bad that car alarms still went off as I drove by, although in somewhat lesser numbers, and my friends refused to go anywhere with me. So its now gone.

Ansa does make a glasspack "sport" muffler that would work better, check ebay: "ansa muffler". I had this kind on my '76 Datsun 280Z and it sounded great. Not too loud even without a cat. I would start with that one if I had it to do again.
UrBaNsTyLe55

Re: ANSA mufflers

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

i have an rs racing universal tip muffler on my kf-ze and its a nice deep tone, but once i get to about 5500 to 6000rpm its gets loud but not loud like a honda still sounds nice and thats with out a cat and the 2 1/4 piping :froggie_red:
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”