Tips or suggestions on KLZE swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3man83

Tips or suggestions on KLZE swap

Post by mx3man83 »

Prologue:I have searched and searched on the KLZE swap information...please dont post with "search.."

I will be ordering my KLZE from sunsengines.com later this week. Fortunately, it is the curved neck style. Lately I have been reading alot of people saying that particular version has fewer HP than the others. Now assuming this is a true KLZE, not a kl03, do i have anything to worry about? I am also somewhat worried because their prices are so cheap. I can get a KLZE for $1,100 shipped from them. That is at least 400 dollars less than anyone else in the states. Could this be because they are not true KLZE's? The lady that owns the place sounds like she knows what she is talking about when it comes to the engine identification codes that are on their KLZE's. What she says is on the heads and cams matches what you all say is correct for a true KLZE. I guess I'm just paranoid since I'm about to spend a fairly large amount of money. Has anyone ever dealt with sunsengines.com before?

My plan is to use the KLZE ecu, block off the EGR system, and use my 1.8 vaf. Is there any snags i should expect to run into? I would really appreciate your help, especially pictures and I would really love it if someone who has done the swap with a similar set up as myself would IM me on AIM and be my little helper. Thanks guys.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
SimonPK

Re: Tips or suggestions on KLZE swap

Post by SimonPK »

check out engineland in Lynnwood, WA - I got my KLZE with curve neck for USD$849 - no ecu or tranny - but it runs perfect with the K8 ecu and a 626 2.5 VAF

$1100 is way too much......
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I definitely wouldnt say 1100 shipped to my door is WAY too much, compared to what others charge. I will check that company out but i got a feeling after they ship it down from washington the price will be as much as sunsengines, which ships out of southern cali, which is damn close to me. By the way, a little more info on my swap...I am goign to be keeping the stock motor mounts, and shaving the flywheel to 12-13 pounds or so.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

You better go ahead and get Mazdaspeed mounts and poly fill them. I didnt and then had to go back and do it, the ZE has a lot more tourqe. You can get them from corksport but plan on waiting a while.
65 shot > V8
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by dewthis:
You better go ahead and get Mazdaspeed mounts and poly fill them. I didnt and then had to go back and do it, the ZE has a lot more tourqe. You can get them from corksport but plan on waiting a while.
do you really see a lot of difference with the egnine mounts?? i wanted to buy them but ran out of money..maybe something I'll do in the near futur
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
do you really see a lot of difference with the egnine mounts?? i wanted to buy them but ran out of money..maybe something I'll do in the near futur
I'm not sure about just the ms mounts themselves but if you poly fill them they will work wonders. The engine feels smoother when banging gears :2thumbsup: .

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: nvrsrndr ]</small>
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Originally posted by nvrsrndr:
Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
I'm not sure about just the ms mounts themselves but if you poly fill them they will work wonders. The engine feels smoother when banging gears :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I am going to stick with my stock mounts. If they wear out, then i will upgrade but not until then. Heck, if they wear out maybe ill just chain my engine down :welder: Seriously though, anybody got anything else?
My Cardomain site

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”