Dyno / Damping Matt's...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Kapp00

Dyno / Damping Matt's...

Post by Kapp00 »

Anyone know or have Dyno matted the rear hatch/trunk area of the mx-3 i have pre-priced in local area's and was about 200bucks to rematt the entire rear hatch area... i'd say it will keep the noise level of my exhaust down on the highway.. just wondering if anyone has done this or know's of a place within the Toronto/GTA area?
Thanks
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Dyno / Damping Matt's...

Post by monty73741 »

there are other things besides dyno matt..
you could do a search of the car stereo forum.
might be a little cheaper
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
marsinner

Post by marsinner »

KAPP if you find something in GTa area let me know, Ive been looking for about a week, What we need is Adhesive-Back Damping Sheets ..I found some on the internet thaqt everyone swears by...its 4 times cheaper than dynamatt, but..its in the US and they sell them by rolls only, if you want to go half with it on me , let meknow..my msn is electronic_dude@hotmail.com
Kapp00

Post by Kapp00 »

ya, i found out my buddy works at future shop and stuff and he has his car dynomatted sounds really nice and quiet.. so i' check it out.. but if it falls through whihc i'm not to sur ehow it will go i'll give u a shout.
sheller

Post by sheller »

Check out McMaster-Carr Supply. They have the dampening sheets (like $14.00 for 12 sq ft). If you do a search under sound deadening in the forums here you should be able to find at least a couple of posts with the specific details.
Steve
marsinner

Post by marsinner »

excellent I ordered 2 rolls of 1 type and 1 rol of another, i will see how well this performs if I have any left over, Ill sell it to whoever wants it.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”