Standard clutch or uprated clutch??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dancake

Standard clutch or uprated clutch??

Post by dancake »

OH NO! I think my clutch is on my way out. If a pull off from lights with 'vigour' (LOL) with lots of clutch dragging, my clutch will slip when I change gear into 2nd probably because Iv put too much heat into it or something. In normal driving the clutch is fine and hasnt given me any day to day problems. This has started happening over the last few weeks.<p>My question is: Does the standard clutch have the balls to withstand such a battering and if not what reasonably priced clutch should I fit if mine fails completely.<p>Nb just in case there is an adjustment issue, how do you check the free play etc
MX-3 1.8 V6, 120000 miles. Aqua green metallic.My car domain page is here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=395842&page=2
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: Standard clutch or uprated clutch??

Post by IanL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dancake:

Nb just in case there is an adjustment issue, how do you check the free play etc
<hr></blockquote><p>Online Manual Page H-6
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dancake:

Nb just in case there is an adjustment issue, how do you check the free play etc
<hr></blockquote><p>Online Manual Page H-6
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
dancake

Post by dancake »

ill take a look. Cheers, our kid
MX-3 1.8 V6, 120000 miles. Aqua green metallic.My car domain page is here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=395842&page=2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”