Lean cond. very confused.. Please Help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

Lean cond. very confused.. Please Help

Post by zevirii »

I have a KLZE.. Hear lately the car has been running lean.. No matter what I do it still runs lean..<p>1. Adjusted TPS
2. Adjusted Timing(which won't time right, always says its to 11+ and keeps going higher no matter how far either way I turn the distributor)
3. Replaced fuel filter.<p>I have done all these and it still bad.. PLugs are WHITE.. I am confused and don't know what to try next.. PLEASE guys.. My car is just sitting in the garage for 4 days now...
lazzyie

Re: Lean cond. very confused.. Please Help

Post by lazzyie »

did you put the car in diagnostic mode to change the timing???
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Hey there lazzyie.. Was hoping you would reply to this... <p>Yes was in diag mode.. Even then though I can only get the timing to 11 degrees by turning the disty all the way to the firewall...
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

but 11 is not that bad and should not cause a lean. i would check ,fuel filter, pump,<p>also i had aproblem last year where the car would idle but periodically it would spit and sputter and show lean on the stoich meter. later within a week the distributor failed and after the replacement it never happened again
13.023 @ 105 mph
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Removed my underdrive pulley today and now I can retard the timing to 8 degree's however it still runs lean... hmmm any help? <p>
Think it could be bad O2's?
Bad fuel Pump?
Bad knock sensor?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I'm not sure what it IS but it isnt o2's. When they fail the computer makes the car run rich.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Was talking with a guy from a local speed shop.. he said it sounds like my stock FPR went out.. Anyone else think this might be it?
omar

Post by omar »

Hi Zevirii. How do you tell that you are having lean burn beside the white plug? Did your KLZE knock and ping? does the water temp goes up? I think I am facing the same problem as well as my MX-3 KLZE knock and ping ever since I install it about 6 mths ago. No overheating though. My plug is slightly white. I recently did some data logging of the O2 sensor, TPS, knock sensor, and RPM. Below is the chart generated: <p>Image<p>(If you can't see the picture, pls download it from
http://zoomzoom.0catch.com/klze1.gif<p>This is the plot from another run:<p>Image<p>I am not very sure what it mean. Hope someone can give me some idea what is wrong. By the way, the knock and ping is significantlly reduced by disconnecting the CPS, and my disti is retard almost to the max.<p>TIA.
omar

Post by omar »

...and this is how my sparkplug look like. Not exactly white, but there is sign of some lean situation...or am I wrong? <p>:shrug:
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

My problem looks like fuel pump or clog... I check it out today it says 35psi at idle.. Manual says for the 1.8L is should be 37psi to 46psi.. So I think its the fuel pump.. I already checked the fuelfilter and replaced it.. so next is a Adjustable FPR and fuel pump.. THats should work.. we shall see.. any other ideas guys?
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

******************UPDATE**********************<p>Installed Adjustable FPR
Installed Walbro 190 Fuel Pump
Installed New Fuel Filter<p>Adjusted Pressure to 40PSI at idle<p>Timed @ 10 degrees
TPS Set at .60 volts TB closed<p>All this done and still running lean guys.. What could this be? Everything looks fine.. Checked all the spark plugs and they still are white. What is going on? I am lost now... PLEASE HELP!!!<p> :shrug:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”