Weird issue need help please!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ADB98

Weird issue need help please!!

Post by ADB98 »

I really need some help and am pulling my hair out for a fix. I have a stock 93 K8 limited edition MX-3. I recently starting noticing that she would not get passed 75mph. Now its to the point of 60mph. I can throw it in any gear and she will not budge. Just stay at 60mph. From 45MPH to 60mph a mac truck can beat me. Here is what I have done. I recently (6 months ago) changed the distributor. Our cars don't like the manufactures. I changed my air filter recently. No go. I changed my fuel filter. No go. My VRIS pumps seem to work but only under great RPMS and only breifly. Is that normal. Great suction going to into the two siliniods. I checked all the vacuem hoses and they seem ok. Any suggestions???
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Re: Weird issue need help please!!

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Are you getting a light ?
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
ADB98

Post by ADB98 »

I have no lights but I think my O2 sensor may be stopped up. Could this be a cause??
andy

Post by andy »

its possible the catylitic converter is clogged and getting worse. one simple check for a clogged cat, it will glow red hot if the clog is sever.
You could also take it off and shine light through it. It can be a pain taking it off if you snap any of the bolts. but this is a more accurate way of making a decision.
Andy P. 93 GS
ADB98

Post by ADB98 »

Andy you are the man!! That was totally it! I might sound stupid but I think it was clogged since I got the car. It halls all kind of *** since I cleaned it out. Thanks!!!! :)
TheFkdCanuck

Post by TheFkdCanuck »

Cleaned it out? How'd you do that?<p>I just pulled mine off, and replaced it with a straight pipe. I don't need to e-check, but I'd like to get it back on there for the backpressure.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”