RPM issues.. .. PLZ HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Raven_3003

RPM issues.. .. PLZ HELP

Post by Raven_3003 »

93 GS V6... car was idlin ruff and check engine light flashing off and on. Figured since it was sitting for over a year that it just needed some break in again. Car had just gotten the tranny rebuilt and replaced. Now after my 400kms run to break her in again next day would turn over but would not start. Figured being a Honda owner distrib. issue so pulled out and no cracks or hairline breaks. So put it back same exact place it was and checked it out again with help and fuel pump was dead. So had it replaced at good ol'canadian tire.. now car idles fine and no CEL.. however they suggested a pickup issue within tank and keep more then half a tank of gas. NICE STUPID FIX.. Plus the car hesitates in higher RPM's when you try the passin gear and fluctuates 4000-6500 rpms. What is the issue?
sheller

Re: RPM issues.. .. PLZ HELP

Post by sheller »

Could be the distributor but I would try replacing the fuel filter first. It is a fairly cheap, easy fix and if you've already had problems with the pump it likely needs to be replaced too.
Steve
Raven_3003

Post by Raven_3003 »

Sorry I failed to mention the fuel filter and pump both changed at same time. But today I took it again to get looked at cause it seems to stall out the less gas I have for some reason. Which I clearly told the mechanic and they suggested after testin issue with needin new plugs..wires.. cap and rotor. Also that EGR Valve COde Error on thier machine and the engine didn't seem to have one? Does the V6 1.8 have a EGR Valve and where should it be located?
userAttila19

Post by userAttila19 »

Yes, they have EGR unless it's JDM. Mine has EGR problem too, cost's like $700.00 for the part at Mazda dealer. The EGR valve is located roughly under the throttle. Check the online shop manual to see exact position. EGR also made up of other components such as solenoids. Also listed in shop manual. You EGR will be de-activated by the ECU at full thottle anyways, just causes irratic idle problems when not at full throttle.
No time to slow down. 1995 MX-3 GS http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/566272

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”