MX-3 vs MERCURY COUGAR

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MXXM

MX-3 vs MERCURY COUGAR

Post by MXXM »

I don't know about you guys but i've raced a couple of them cougars and they r not that fast
this link seems to think differently though
MX-3 VS COUGAR :shrug:
>>>
UoMDeacon

Re: MX-3 vs MERCURY COUGAR

Post by UoMDeacon »

Man... those guys are hilarious :) "I've got a modded car, and I decided to race a 2003 Mustang." And by modded, the guy meant he had wings, wheels, and white face gauges...LOL

Post by Guest »

ya man an old friend of mine had a 2001 top of the line cougar, I drove it to the store once, man it was slow and drove like a damn tank, and itss ford. brand new car and 2 blown tranny's and a broken steering column, talk about quality. And all three of those happened within the first months of ownership, and all different cars.<p>Got this from consumer report:<p>"Reasonably peppy with the base engine, a Cougar gains some low-end muscle if equipped with the V6, but passing power is unimpressive. So is acceleration, with almost 10 seconds needed to reach 60 mph in an automatic-transmission Cougar. The automatic shifts fluidly, but hunts annoyingly between gears in hilly terrain and lacks a provision to lock out overdrive fourth gear. Neither engine matches Japanese-brand rivals for refinement or high-revving fun."<p>Domestic idiots are just as bad as ricers!<p>[ May 31, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]</p>
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

I actually posted there saying that I think if the stock V6 Coug went against a stock V6 MX-3, it would be kinda close. The Cougar has 40hp on the GS, but it is also 500lbs heavier. I'm definitely curious as to what would happen. But yeah...they're little kill stories about beating Mustangs and stuff...LOL yeah right!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

theyre making fun of mx3's saying its ugly, but cougar is so ugly my grannie wont drive it, it doesnt even look like a f kin ***** cat lol, looks more like bobcat on weed :)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

I took one of the older V8 cougars in the mx-3. Off the line they are slow, but once then get going they have a bit of power.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
MXXM

Post by MXXM »

lexus IS300 ison my list of cars ta got mokd by my gs<p>people are still arguing about cougars been faster an mx3's<p>cougars vs mx3's
>>>
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

correct me if i am wrong but with ur stock gs theres no way you gonna smoke that IS300, even not my es300
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

hey, whatever works works eh
we love our cars, they love their cars, there's no reason to start a fight about it<p>i know MY mx-3 is slow, but we also know how fast our friends are getting now :D
-dean
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

hehe have never gotten to race a cougar yet but wheni do i will be sure i smile as i pass em ;) the times from the v6 look reasobnaable and yeah i am sure they could beat a v6 mustang if they can muster a 15.3 given a v6 stang pulls a 15.4 <p>
then again i have beaten a few mustangs myself.. granted they all were v6s =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

WOW.. 16.10 s @ 88 mph
And they say their car is faster.
They have a duratec 2.5L v6
We put a 2.5L v6 that will bolt in our cars and what do we get? high 13's and low 14's.<p>I see alot of idiots bashing the mx-3 on that board. Honestly I'll agree that the mx-3 was way before its time. They can bash it as much as they want, but I beat my buddies v6 Cougar.
...And he'll agree the Cougar is a piece of junk!
Which is why he is looking to get a mazdaspeed protege.<p>I also read comments regarding Ford parts on an mx-3!!
LOL!!! show me 1. just 1.
And if the cougar guys are reading this... Dont feed me the crap well.. the ford probe... (thanks mazda for those parts :) )<p>Just like here we'll say we win. But beef up your ride, bring it to the track, and test your skills. <p>I got something for ya :)
Image<p>[ June 01, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

hey barry whats that silver snail thing? hahahha
nice dude, can't wait till thats all done
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Well I have say I have a 99 cougar automatic and I have a 93 gs Now just to drive them I can say the cougar is a smoother ride but my GS is also lighter I wish I could race them myself just to see the difference. I like both cars to be honest.Realy I just like hatchbacks. But here is were the truth lies. I see more women driveing cougars than MX-3's and well the cougar I got I bought for my girlfriend. So to clear the air it all depends on the driver. If you cant drive the car right your not going to win.But now off the topic on speed. I think the MX-3 is a way better looking car RS-GS still looks better than the cougar. I mean if the cougar is just a base model with nothing uhhhh. the cougar is'nt that bad with the wing and all acc. were the MX-3 looks good either way GS just looks better. My two cents. Ohh and if anybody on here is from Jersey and wants two drive my cougar in a race let me know we can put a stop to all this.
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

I think next to insulting a man's **** size, insulting his car gets him riled up the most :)
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

PerformanceProbe.com<p>On the frame on the right click on "Information", on the new screen click on "History".<p>Read that and understand how much of a cousin the Cougar is to the MX-3. It's like a son of the Ford Probe, and we all know that the MX-6 and MX-3 are cousins of the Probe.<p>Besides, if you want to compare engines, the K-series engines had Porsche engineers on the design team and Japanese ingenuity for the VRIS manifold design, as opposed to a couple of rednecks who build V8's designing the Duratec. Plus, with their sleeve thickness and rod ratio a K8 with proper oil changes and fuel treatment is bulletproof.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”