Aftermarket steering wheel

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pbr

Aftermarket steering wheel

Post by pbr »

I find the standard wheel to be too skinny, any one know of good aftermarket wheel that can accomodate cruise control too?
Spydie

Re: Aftermarket steering wheel

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pbr:
I find the standard wheel to be too skinny, any one know of good aftermarket wheel that can accomodate cruise control too?<hr></blockquote><p>define what you mean by too skinny please. I don't quite get it. Any aftermarket with a little modification can accomodate your cruise control. I have an aftermarket wheel but I chose to leave the cc off. I find I start to get careless when I'm not in full control of the car. Perhaps you'd be intrested in finding a late model MX5 or P5 wheel and swapping it over. That would look cool too if you can do it....can't see why not.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
2.5mx3

Re: Aftermarket steering wheel

Post by 2.5mx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pbr:
I find the standard wheel to be too skinny, any one know of good aftermarket wheel that can accomodate cruise control too?<hr></blockquote><p>A lot of the aftermarket steering wheels I've found have buttons that can be hooked up to pretty much anything. My MOMO Tornado wheel came with 2 horn buttons (which are actually connected to the horn), but I was considering buying another button from MOMO that attaches to the center of the wheel. I would then hook my horn up to this button and put my cruise on the other ones.<p>For now, I've taken the cruise control switch off the stock steering wheel and attached it to the back of my new one, so only the buttons are visible from the front. It's not the best setup, but it'll do for the time being.
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”