WARNING ABOUT PACESETTER EXHAUST

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

WARNING ABOUT PACESETTER EXHAUST

Post by Mnemonic »

I was washing my car today and on inspection of my Muffler i found that i had Extreme Rust build up on the Muffler and backside of the Tip Also i have a hole, I've Only had this exhaust for 3 months so im warning you guys about this Exhaust system PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK!<p>I have also Sent an Email to PaceSetter about this Problem aswell:<p>Pacesetter,<p> <p> I recently (3 months ago) purchased one of your Monza Cat back exhaust systems for my 1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS. Its been 3 months now since I purchased this exhaust system and already I have to replace the tip and muffler due to EXTREME RUST build up. “”Each system uses corrosion-resistant aluminized steel and features chrome-plated MONZA Exhaust Tips with Resonators. The finish is a durable black paint”. This is a quote about your exhaust system from your website (http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/monza.htm) and it seems your product is not living up to what its supposed to, Unless you designed this exhaust system to only last 3 months at a time. At any point I have to purchase a new exhaust system because of the massive rust build up and it will not be one of yours unless other wised convinced. I will also be letting the multiple Mx3 organizations/groups know that your product comes with a high degree of dissatisfaction.<p>Irate Consumer <p>Brian Burton Jnumonik@Stillvapor.com
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
C-MX-DA3

Re: WARNING ABOUT PACESETTER EXHAUST

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

the same **** happened to my brother who bought ps exhaust, the pipe rusted in less than a year, that is why i would never buy ps exhaust, i would rather have a custom made.
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

Good luck, you will NEVER hear back from them, I guarantee it. I have the same exhaust, but I have had no problems. Here is what I recommend. If you live up north, or anywhere where it's wet or there is salt all over the roads, do not get this exhaust! If you live where it's dry, then go for it, you probably won't have any problems.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

well the thing is i live in Atlanta Where there is no salt and lately very little rain so in short this exhaust system is CRAP
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

I bought one too. No rust issues, and I'm in Germany where it rains every day. <p>But I did have a complaint about the advertising on their site. It has a write up for a dual tip exhaust for the MX-3 along with the picture of a dual tip exhaust on JC Whitney's site for the same muffler. <p>I wrote them and basicly got a "Too Bad, So Sad" reply from both of them. Apparently there are so many lawyers on retainer now days that you don't have to back your product. <p>Nice muffler though, added power and BTW I am now wearing a hearing aid cause DAMNED that thing is LOUD!
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

If your pacesetter is in any way loud you probably have a hole in your exhaust. The pacesetter (especially when next) sounds just like the stock muffler. After a few years it will be a bit louder, but nothing compared to other aftermarket mufflers.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
reSa

Post by reSa »

im sure you can go after them legally (or at least threaten to)...exhausts cost quite a damn bit of money. enough to stand up in a legal case anyway...theaten them with a lawsuit that'll ruin their name. by the way aren't there any warranties on things like this?
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

Interesting.
I have had the Pacesetter exhaust on my car now for 3 years and there is no sign of rust.
Here in MD, they salt the crap out of the roads.
I cut the muffler off last fall before I switched to turbo because I wanted a chambered, stainless Ractive muffler.
PS muffler still looked good.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea it comes with a warranty im looking into that, who knows maybe i just got a bad one ::shrugs::

jamario

Post by jamario »

My pacesetter is all rusted up too. I have a picture of it somewhere in my computer. Should of gone custom
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
pelado

Post by pelado »

PS, rust on outside of pipe, rust on tip, two years old. Kinda expect this since it ain't stainless. <p>If you wanted no rust, then you should have bought stainless or rinsed the underside of your car more often.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
miztahfoolish

Post by miztahfoolish »

...Well, you get what you pay for. It cost me only $150'ish to have my muffler shop build me a custom 2.5" stainless catback exhaust system.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4db0456187afaea6516e8ae8416d551e/fc2a74e5.jpg
Purchased the MX-3 GS bone stock on Feb 03, 2003 for 2G's...Modifications so far...custom 2.5" aluminized piping Catback Exhaust with 3.5" Dual Tip Stainless Muffler, custom Short Ram Intake, 1.80 drop with ZX2 Tokico struts & Dropzone lowering springs, smoked sunroof & window wind deflectors, optional rear mud guards, Kenwood CD deck, 2 10" MTX 6000A subwoofers, Phoenix Gold X2200 amplifier, 6.5" Pioneer 200w 3-way front & rear speakers...<p>Parts sittin' in the garage: corksport MS style front bumper<p>Other project rides: 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, 95 Mazda Protege LX...pictures at http://www.geocities.com/foolishheart08
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I live in MD too, and my Pace****ter muffler fell off after 4 months of use!!. The tubing later on had a hole which rusted through about 5 months later at which point I replaced the whole thing with a custom setup.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

Is this exhaust mandrel bent?

What I am thinking is that for the money ($160 shipped from JCWhitney) it's a good deal compared to custom. Mandrel bends cost $$$
I live in NC where we just now started using salt during snow but I will not drive my MX-3 in the snow or anytime during that time so I am not worried about that too much. Maybe I'll just get the whole thing sandblasted and ceramic coat it myself...and as far as the muffler goes, I was going to just not use it and go with a Magnaflow stainless one anyhow.... :idea:
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Yes it is mandrel bent.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”