Precidia quits and won't start. HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JimBuch

Precidia quits and won't start. HELP

Post by JimBuch »

I have posted in a couple of other spots on this page. But the guy with the answer has not found me yet. I'll try begging here in Tech.
My daughters 25 ann edition Precidia has now been towed to the dealer 3 times in the last month. These guys must be smokin something because they just cant get it right. Last time was over 800 bucks. Two days later the car wont start again. Just cranks and cranks. Replaced "ignitor" and coil already. Final straw was yesterday when it was towed in again. Whats up where should we turn to sort this out. They said they would "borrow a computer" from a running car and see if the problem goes away as the computer is very $$$$ and if it's not the box we still bought it????? HELP!!!!!!! I don't know for sure whether they did swap the computer box with a healthy one. My wife is looooosing it with the boys at Mazda.
aaronthehic

Re: Precidia quits and won't start. HELP

Post by aaronthehic »

There is not much you can do for a itermitent problem like that. I just work through the problem<p>Is the fuel pump working , is there spark, check all the conectors dis+ reconnect them, replace ecu, check fuel cut solnoid<p>I have a 1.8 ecu for a pre 95 for 300$ aaronthehic@hotmail.com
13.023 @ 105 mph
dennisvs

Re: Precidia quits and won't start. HELP

Post by dennisvs »

How much did the engine run?<p>stuppid thing to say maybe but can it be the disty?
If they change the ignition they will set the timing also I guess.
If your belt slips, the timing is messed up again.
Maybe you can check if it is your disty.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”