Anyone ever heard of Mazda MX-6 ???

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
DfS

Anyone ever heard of Mazda MX-6 ???

Post by DfS »

Hey guys,<p>anyone ever heard of Mazda MX-6 ? Because I found one for sale, it's an Mazda MX-6 1993 V6 24v 180HP, complete (leather seats/interior, etc), the guy wants like the same price you pay for an Mazda MX-3 1.6 16v 1997, what you guys think ? You guys think the mx-6 or the mx-3 is more beauty ? give me some opinions please.<p>Thanks :)
millionflame

Re: Anyone ever heard of Mazda MX-6 ???

Post by millionflame »

Yes, we've heard of the MX-6. Why wouldn't we?<p>Unless that guy has an engine swap (probably KL-ZE) then he wont have 180 hp, since the V6 version of the MX6 puts out around 150 hp or so.<p>Personally, the MX-6 looks nice for a "family car" but it's definately NOT a sports car, like some would say.<p>I'd still pick the MX-3 over it any day. Better looks, lighter, faster, and it's a real sports car.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

hey DfS....Well, before i got my MX-3 i had a 93 MX-6. I liked it alot, had full power, ac, and it looked good. Sadly the one i had was a 4cyl auto, and mine was very, very Un-reliable. the mx-6 spent about every other week in the shop because it constatnly broke down. I love the styling of both the mx-3 and the mx-6...so, id say go with the one you like more. From a biased point of view, go with the MX-3 :D .....ok, hope this helped, maybe :shrug:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:

Unless that guy has an engine swap (probably KL-ZE) then he wont have 180 hp, since the V6 version of the MX6 puts out around 150 hp or so.<p>
<hr></blockquote><p>
the north american mx-6 came with lower hp. As far as I know everywhere else came with more hp
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I'd still pick the MX-3 over it any day. Better looks, lighter, faster, and it's a real sports car.<p> <hr></blockquote><p>faster? yeah the Mx-6 is faster.. Prolly has better aftermarket support to.. Once you start to do serious work though a Mx-3 can beat the crud out of it namely cause you can use the same V6 powertrain and are lighter
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

how much do "97" MX-3s go for?? Never seen one........
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by torpedan:
<p>faster? yeah the Mx-6 is faster.. Prolly has better aftermarket support to.. Once you start to do serious work though a Mx-3 can beat the crud out of it namely cause you can use the same V6 powertrain and are lighter<hr></blockquote><p>Well I kinda figured he would have guessed that anyways.<p>I don't think you could call the MX-6 a sports car.<p>~A
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

I really don't think that the mx-6 is a "family car". I'm 4'11'' and i can't even fit in the back seat of those things. I think it's best compared to a ford probe (maybe cause they're basically the same thing). I would have to say that the main difference (other than style) would be that is a better fit if you're tall. All in all, it's a mazda :) . I say go for it.
¤Kelli¤
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

You've never seen a 97 mx-3 because they stopped making them in 96.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the v6 mx6 came with 170hp. if it's a manual tranny, i'd get it.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:
the v6 mx6 came with 170hp. if it's a manual tranny, i'd get it.<hr></blockquote><p>164 actually :)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

and the 4cl is a <p>2.0L 118 hp I4
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Len-Dogg:
You've never seen a 97 mx-3 because they stopped making them in 96.<hr></blockquote><p>Europe had 97..<p>http://www.mx-3.com/history/<p>98 is the last year from Japan..<p>[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Manach ]</p>
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gmuffb:
I really don't think that the mx-6 is a "family car". I'm 4'11'' and i can't even fit in the back seat of those things. I think it's best compared to a ford probe (maybe cause they're basically the same thing). I would have to say that the main difference (other than style) would be that is a better fit if you're tall. All in all, it's a mazda :) . I say go for it.<hr></blockquote><p>I've always considered it a "sporty" family car, since it has two doors, but isn't a sports car.<p>I'm pretty sure that it's listed as that on insurance and blue book type stuff.<p>And it's no better fit than an MX-3 either. I'm 6'4" and I fit in the MX-3 just fine.<p>~A
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Never really got to drive a mx-6 yet but yeah i really wouldnt call it a family car. for most insurance polices any two door car is considered a sports car.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”