FLAME EXHAUST

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

FLAME EXHAUST

Post by mitmaks »

hey guys i heard from one honda guy that if u get rotary engine and clear out exhaust, make straight through pipe, u can get flame coming out on acceleration, is this true?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Paragon

Re: FLAME EXHAUST

Post by Paragon »

i don't think having a rotary engine would make a difference. they go through the compression/combustion/exhaust cycles just like a normal engine, just in different ways. i doubt that it's true, but not konwing a whole lot about rotary motors, i can't be sure
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

any motor works well as long as there is no catalytic converter. the catalytic converter is used to burn up extra gas that escaped through the engine.<p>that autoloc system is worth a try for v8s because they run rich, but what sucks is that since they work by allowing fuel to go straight through the motor without a spark from a plug, its VERY bad because it can kind of 'dissipate' the oil in your motor...so with the autoloc system you'll have to change your oil more often. a friend of mine who has an infinity cut his cat and installed the system on. if you have a cat, dont even try the spark plug method.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
JJ

Post by JJ »

what i have heard is people somehow installing a spark plug in their exhaust. how? i dont kno!
pEace
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Ive never done it before but iv heard this too. You are suppose to splice into one of your spark plug wires, wire it all of the way back to the end of your exhaust system, drill a hole and put a spark plug in it, and everytime that cylinder fires you get a flame out the back. Of course this probaly wont work with the cat on and who knows, maybe it doesnt work at all. Just for the heck of it, i think someone should try it on a beater car and let us know..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paragon:
they go through the compression/combustion/exhaust cycles just like a normal engine, just in different ways.<hr></blockquote><p>
Not to be rude but the correct terminology is intake, compression, power, exhaust.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
yellowtoe22

Post by yellowtoe22 »

yes its true. its very easy to make a rotary shoot flames.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

would be nice as in fast and furious, dont care about cops lol id just shoot some flames on their crown victorias lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

You wire a seperate coil, like one of those single coils from a talon or something. Then you the wire negative through a switch so you can turn it on and off. Then you wire the coil to a sparkplug in your exhaust pipe and have your catalytic converter removed and a test pipe or straight piping installed. If you want bigger flames you can plumb a propane bottle from the passanger floor through and have it connect to your exhaust about a foot or two before the spark plug you have firing.<p>Its all very simple if you know what to do, and I just explained it. There are companies and people on ebay who sell kits like these for over a hundred dollars. Go do some junkyard digging and wal-mart shopping and make your own for around $50.<p>[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Hy300 ]</p>
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

The best way to have a flames shoot out and
get a hard launch off the line is what prodrives call loading, which is used as anti lag for turbo cars basically.<p>For Turbo charged cars IE:Mitsu. Evo rally cars.<p>you can get an electric starter switch which delays combustion but fuels up the engine to the point where in there is a small fuel explosion under ignition around the turbo. The exhaust then blows the explosion out the back, this is not extremely dangerous and if your parts are made well can do it regularly on starts..... if your budget is limited dont do it because turbos break more frequently from this action. this basically stops any lag from the starting line and the car takes off like a rocket. The extra explosion essentially spools the turbo up to as if the engine was running around 5000rpm or more and launches hard.<p>Straight exhausts dont mean you will see fire, fire comes from the combustion :) and a tuned car weather the exhaust and cat is mashed out will run without fire, maybe some blow back. It all depends how rich your running.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

you'd get pulled over so fast...
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by whinypunk:
you'd get pulled over so fast...<hr></blockquote><p>Thanks for the tip, Boys! be careful!<p> :p
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

hate to break your bubbles there about the rx-7. but any car can shoot out flames out the exhaust. and i know how!!!!!I can shoot it out of my stock v-6. But its very bad for your engine, you have to shoot gas straight throw your engine...out your exhaust and light it up. But the gas will break down the oil in the engine. So you will have to change your oil more often. Its a EASY and CHEAP to do :) you just have to know how to do it.
o0mx30o

Post by o0mx30o »

well then how do you do it?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by davidosk024:
you can get an electric starter switch which delays combustion but fuels up the engine to the point where in there is a small fuel explosion under ignition around the turbo. The exhaust then blows the explosion out the back, this is not extremely dangerous and if your parts are made well can do it regularly on starts..... if your budget is limited dont do it because turbos break more frequently from this action. this basically stops any lag from the starting line and the car takes off like a rocket. The extra explosion essentially spools the turbo up to as if the engine was running around 5000rpm or more and launches hard.<hr></blockquote><p>thats pretty much how the autoloc kit works.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>[QBhate to break your bubbles there about the rx-7. but any car can shoot out flames out the exhaust. and i know how!!!!!I can shoot it out of my stock v-6. But its very bad for your engine, you have to shoot gas straight throw your engine...out your exhaust and light it up. But the gas will break down the oil in the engine. So you will have to change your oil more often. Its a EASY and CHEAP to do you just have to know how to do it.[/QB]<hr></blockquote><p>this guy just copied what i posted in this same topic. :roll:
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”