Estimates?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tyler17rose

Estimates?

Post by Tyler17rose »

I changed my plugs the other day and the back row of plugs all have oil on them... is this the valve cover gasket or the head gasket? and how much is it going to cost to get fixed? including labour? Also ive heard it isnt worth it? any opinions?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
ProtegeSTS

Re: Estimates?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

id guess valve cover gaskets....do them yourself and save a BUNCH of money. The part is probably under 30 for both.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Ok so vavle cover gaskets. Ive heard its a BIG job to do the back one. DOnt you need to remove alot to get at it? do you think a 17 year old that took one auto class could pull it off?
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i just bought the valve cover gasket for my car and they were $44
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

well all you have to do is remove the intake manifold and mark where everything goes. Its a great oportunity to install some phenolic spacers, do the throttle body bypass, and/or port matching to the exhaust ports. If you've never done it before, then maybe it'll take 4 or 5 hours. You definately don't want your car to be leaking oil so go ahead and spend the $30 on the rear valve cover gasket.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”