Muffler

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
o0mx30o

Muffler

Post by o0mx30o »

Hey, i want a new muffler for my car 92gs and im wondering what kind i should get i want it to sound low not like most rice rockets that sound like golfcarts... im sure u all know what i mean. what options do i have here?
wannamjd

Re: Muffler

Post by wannamjd »

There's alot of information about this already posted. Search for muffler or exaust.. <p>I did the same research earlier this week and one of the best setups is to get custom 2.25 or 2.5" pipe from cat back with a flowmaster 40 resonator, not sure on the tip.<p>There are a few prebuilt systems, namely the Monza Pasesetter, Brullen, and Mazdaspeed. Cheapest of which is the Pacesetter but has questionable build quality. The Brullen is about twice as much and the Mazdaspeed is outragously expensive.<p>If you want ricey sound get a strait pipe from that cat w/no resonator.<p>Hope this helps!
'93 Red GS V6 - Stock 130k miles, KLZE Soon!
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Re: Muffler

Post by Buff1110 »

the flowmaster 60 series is what i have to a custom 2.25 cat back piping. the 60 series is specially made for small discplacement import motors, not a lot of people know about this series but its awesome.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”