Just a little question on some emission stuff

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3man83

Just a little question on some emission stuff

Post by mx3man83 »

Ive got a question for those of you that know about the whole emission standards. I tested yesterday and passed, but im just wondering how my readings are...the loaded standard in tucson is 220, and i got a 20 for hydrocarbons. For carbon monoxide for the loaded reading i got a 0 out of a 1.2 loaded standard. I know that i passed by alot when it comes to the numbers, but im not sure the scale of how it is measured? Was i close or did i pass with flying colors? Im just curious, thanks..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Mike 94PGT

Re: Just a little question on some emission stuff

Post by Mike 94PGT »

You passed with flying colours. The HC values are measured as PPM - parts per million. The Arizona limit allows for 220 parts per million unburnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust and your car is emitting just 20ppm. The limit for carbon monoxide (CO) is measured as a percentage of the exhaust gas. They allow 1.2% of the exhaust to be CO and yours is basically not measureable.<p>Low emissions is a sign of a healthy engine, healthy cat, O2 sensors, plugs, wires, injectors and so on.
Mike<BR>94 PGT <A HREF="http://home.golden.net/~trinity" TARGET=_blank>Codes, Maint, MAF, PCMs etc...</A><BR>Supermoderator, mx6.com
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I tested at 680 hydro carbons, yeah, i didn't pass.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Nice... glad to hear my engine is healthy!!! Thanks for the reply..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Xero

Post by Xero »

I literally just walked in the door from getting my emissions test.
My Carbon Monoxide composite was 12.0, which is within Illinois' 15.0 limit.
My hydrocarbons.... well.
I got a 1.74 out of an allowable .80.<p>My CO2 was 391.8, but I guess they don't test it in IL, so I'm probably lucky there too.<p>-T
-Only Two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity; and I am unsure of the former. -Albert Einstein
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

I was just talking to the owner of the local exhaust specialty shop here in York. He said that an emissions standard proposal is back in circulation and this time the government is requiring emissions standards and testing if the state wants government highway funding.<p>First off, half of the people in the city who are into cars run a custom exhaust. Second they are not only going to make emissions testing required, but exhaust must be stock and a person must pass a visual and sound test, which means decibal requirements so no gutted cats. Finally, have you ever driven on PA highways or any of our roads. The taxes we pay for PennDOT, the existing government funding, and repeated pleas haven't done anything to improve our roads. What confidence can anyone have that more government funding will do its job?<p> :shrug: sorry, I'm ranting, but I'm really bothered with this development. A moderator can edit this if they want or I'll delete it at one's request.
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

I believe its all of PA. York streets are pretty bad, outside of York on route 30 they are decent.<p>It sucks too because I went to talk to him about getting a testpipe and the owner told me all this.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”