hyper idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
closer

hyper idle

Post by closer »

since getting my v6 back from our vaunted emissions test... failed first one due to mice settingup maternity ward on my air filter (no kidding... threw 2 settings out of whack and cost me an extra 200 bills just for the "fix" and restest... %^&*ing ontario moneygrab is all it is...<P>anyway... since my "fix" I've experienced some weird idling... revs to 2000 ~ 2500 on its own... used to have the ultraquiet mazda idle... now it sounds and feels like I'm about to drag the guy next to me at any stop I come to... my mechanic apparently spent some time on the phone with Mazda Canada and all they could come up with is to disconnect a wire connected to the car computer to see if that works... sounds like a dumb workaround to me!<P>so here's the problem... car now idles at 1000 instead of nuts 0... when I engage the clutch it usually immediately surges to 2 ~ 2500... sometimes drops back to 1000, but generally goes up and down like a yo-yo... really embarrassing... help!

Re: hyper idle

Post by Guest »

hey i had that same pro, something to do with the idle control valve or something along those lines, anyways it cost me 900 to get a new one installed, so first you should take your car too mazda and check it out, and if thats the prob then come on here and buy one used for alot less, also when i first got my car mine wasnt plugged in, and the car ran alright, stalled really easy though, does it not do it till the car warms up? thats what mine did. anyways hope this helps.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”