update on the 3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
viocurse

update on the 3

Post by viocurse »

the dealer is gonna fix the shifter. He is going cheap, and isn't going to buy a whole new assembly, but he will put in a new bushing for me, so atleast it will be fixed. as for the leak... he claims it doesn't have one. Right... cars just randomly leave puddles of oil under the motor and have the dipstick drop to 1/2 from full within one week. hopefully it's something easy to fix so when i get the oil changed they can put in a new bolt, a new gasket or whatever it needs.<P>funny story...<P>My GF works at a hotel, and I always come to visit her, and I work across the street as a Baker for a bagel shop. The maintenence man, Dwain... Duan... dwayn... I have no idea how to spell his name, is a good guy and i always talk to him at both places. I was telling him about the "fix" you guys recommended for my shifter with the wire and all. after i finish, he looks at me all funny and says, "Are you black?" haha, i'm not racist or anything, but i still found it funny.<P>another funny story... I bought a pioneer premier 740MP deck for the 3, and i wanted some bass to go with the stock 5 1/4s. I had two punch 12's from 2 years ago (rated at 100rms, 200peak)... I had a 40x2 RMS amp for some 6x9s i had in another car.... I built a box out of 3/4 MDF and wired that SOB in. turned the bass boost on the deck up to +6, and set the boost freq. at 125hz. haha, couldn't have it at 80 because that amp starts cutting out at around 40-50 hz, so boosting 125 put out the most. it's so weak it's not even funny. haha. after selling my old amp (730x1 rms... it tested that high, not some stupid off the wall rating that comes on the box) and old subs (3 MTX6k 10" at 750RMS) to have enough money to make the move down here, this makes me wanna cry, but it's a start.
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”