KLze need help?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cacho

KLze need help?

Post by Cacho »

Im doing a swap on a 1.8 to a 2.5 Im still using the 1.8 ECU which was upgraded by Total performance software a while back in 92. Is there any difference in which Vaf meter I use? 1.8 or 2.5 VAF?
pelado

Re: KLze need help?

Post by pelado »

If you're going to use the modified 1.8 ECU after the swap, I'd bet the 1.8 VAF would still work. ;)
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

most people say stick with the k8 ecu/vaf combo for the ze because the ze also uses the je50 vaf
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

Ok got it running but I cant figure this out?<BR>I used K8 ECU/VAF combo and car idled rough and started backfiring as I give some gas. Then I used the K8/ECU with 2.5 VAF the car idled fine. Why is that?
vseved

Post by vseved »

USE KL ECU and KL VAF. K8 ECU is not good to control KL injectors. It gives the engine way too much fuel. You will have very poor mileage.
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

using the k8 ecu with kl-ze is faster then using the kl ecu with kl-ze <BR>you should just get the kl-ze ecu good gas mil and you get and is the best ecu to use <BR>using the k8 you will get shitty gas mil <BR>but you do the kl-ze swap for the power so if you can't get or can't afford then use the k8
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

what u mean smokin??? i use the k8 ecu/vaf combo and i idle fine although at around 1500rpm's.....though i need to adjust it...so far i am getting b/t 16-20 city/highway miles....might consider getting a ze ecu though....can u explain the advantages to that??<P>thanks<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

ok <BR>if you don't have the kl-ze ecu <BR>the best combo to use for performance is the k8ecu with k8vaf because the vris points are like the kl-ze.If you have this combo and you are racing the shift points are high 7500 to 7800 rpm. The k8 combo u run rich and get shitty gas mil maybe even alot of back fire<BR>The kl-de ecu with 2.5L vaf is slower but better gas mil then the k8 combo.With this combo the shift points are 7500rpm<BR>The kl-ze ecu with 1.8vaf is the best combo you get good gas mil and this ecu improves your time by 2 tenths tested at the track. SHift points are 7000rpms<p>[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: Smokin mx-3 ]
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

Yo! cacho where in hawaii you from , cuz i was from there too but leave in jersey now, anyway, i have a klze too on my mx-3, and im using a probe gt ecu with the k8 vaf, and the car runs good and fast.
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

From the North Shore, Sunset Beach. Maybe theres something wrong with my K8 Vaf but it works fine with 2.5 vaf. If I use Kl ECU my vris dont work properly one stays open at all times is that how its suppose to be.
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

im from kalihi,honolulu. where did you get your engine from, i got mine from streetimport, and Sean from street import who sold me the klze, advice me to use the probe gt ecu if i cant get the jspec klze ecu. here's there # 1-800-839-4536
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

Cuz.. I grew up in Kalihi. School and Gulick.<BR>Thanks for that number I'll give them a call.<BR>As for the motor Ive had it for a long time from good friend of mine. His dad was some kind of import/export thing. Long story. Well right now I think im going to use K8 ecu until get the ZE ecu. By the way car is running great. Kick a--... Thanks
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

grew up in school st. and owawa st., how hawaii bra. does people still cruise through alamoana beach and mall.
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

No not any more. I think only our generation did that. Hawaii is fine but people change. Kids are the ones whos driving all these fast cars and dying like flies. Well any ways got any good parts out there in jersey. <BR> I need some hook ups.
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

for parts i go to corksport.com or nopi.com for parts.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”