Blue smoke from exhaust when increasing speed and my mec

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
appe

Blue smoke from exhaust when increasing speed and my mec

Post by appe »

Blue smoke from exhaust when increasing speed and my mechanic mumbled something about vents and it is not worth it...
Angel
andy

Re: Blue smoke from exhaust when increasing speed and my mec

Post by andy »

Was that a question or simply a statement?<BR>You have already asked about the blue smoke and I have read all the answers and some of them were very good. <BR> You on the other hand have not answered our questions. How many miles are on the current engine? what kind of maintenance has the car had? does your mechanic often mumble to himself? have you done a compression test yet? what condition are the spark plugs in?<P> My opinion is the rings, With what little info you have provided. Unless you have converted your motor to a two cycle engine.<P> but I'm just mumbling now :D <P>Andy P. 93 GS
appe

Post by appe »

Hello Andy!<P>Im sorry if Im only asking questions and not answering them. Since I dont have my own computer I think I spend my computertime very selfish. Sometimes I miss the answers to my questions as well... I will better my answering frequency soon.<P>Yes...I got many answers to my prevíour question about blue smoke. And now with the knowledge got from you guys I meet my mechanic and he just says that it is the vents and it is not worth the money and that made me not satisfied...therefore Im here again...discussing the issue. <P>First of all I have to fix my coolant...enginetemp went to highest. And the scratch on the hole right side of the car...some have scratch the paint with a key...not looking good. <P>But maybe I shall be satisfied with the blue smoke from exhaust. <P>Next summer I plan to have my car done with it´s "makeovers" and then I will have it here on the ownerpage. I have leatherseats and stuff yet to do...
Angel
andy

Post by andy »

I don't have a clue as to what the "vents" are that your mechanic is refering to.<BR> How much is to much to fix it?<BR>Drive it til it drops, and keep a close eye on the oil level or get another mechanics <BR>opinion. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <BR>good luck<BR>Andy P. 93 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”