underdrive crank pulley

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cashmoneyspeed

underdrive crank pulley

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Has anyone installed an Unorthodox underdrive crank pulley or simialar? What kind of gains should i expect? would a stock pulley off a probe gt v6 or mx-6 v6 be better ?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
lazzyie

Re: underdrive crank pulley

Post by lazzyie »

stock probe/mx6 pulley is the same as ours, udp pullies give like ~5whp, build a cold air intake for like $40 and get the same effect
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

How long would it take to install an underdrive pulley? would i have problems with my sound system receiving proper voltage? :D
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

if your really worried about it set your idle to like 900, i belive you have to grind down the p/s housing or something and you need new belts, and a pulley remover, jack up car, pull off tire/splash guard, pull off belts, pull off pulley, put it all back together, couple of hours if you have no idea what you are doing, dont quote me on that, there is a guy on probetalk that sells udps for $135, same specs/alumminum as unorthodox but $60 cheaper, just a thought
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

You have been very helpful tonight. would you happen to know who it is that is selling them? possibly a link Does anyone know where i could get the larger sixed belt? and how it would affect gas mileage?

lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

look in the 2.5 v6 performance forum, his name is mazsly75 i think just email him, the belt sizes are on unorthodox's site and can be bought at autozone<p>[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: lazzyie ]
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
Macen

Post by Macen »

Does anyone know cheaper ones to buy? $199 is a bit too much for my taste.

<small>[ August 08, 2004, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Macen ]</small>
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Trust me, $200 for that boost in power and the small amount of time invovled in worth it.

IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by Macen:
It is, rather, for a couple of hp. And you need to remember you live in a cold country, so your battery needs to be well topped up to start the engine in those winter mornings. If you do a fair amount of low speed town driving, with the alternator running slower than designed..... :(
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Macen:
Damn, just saw one on ebay yesterday for around $60 USD but it doesn't show up on a search now. I have noticed them starting to appear recently on ebay though for well under 200. Might be worth watching...
Macen

Post by Macen »

Originally posted by IanL:
It is, rather, for a couple of hp. And you need to remember you live in a cold country, so your battery needs to be well topped up to start the engine in those winter mornings. If you do a fair amount of low speed town driving, with the alternator running slower than designed..... :(
True, didn't think about that. So maybe I should stay off it then...
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

you have to do some grinding to the oil pump housing, its easy to do but you gotta watch out for the crank angle senor and your timing belt
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

rr-racing sells alot of great products, check them out:
rr-racing
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

There are some OBX underdrive pulleys on ebay right now for like 60 bucks. Installing shouldnt be that hard if it is a direct bolt on. Autozone will rent you the tool you need to take off the stock pulley for like $11.81usd and then give you the money back when you return it. Hope this helps....
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

all of these are of the same design, you WILL need to do some grinding and cutting to make them work
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”