emmisions test - fail :(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
killerpickle

emmisions test - fail :(

Post by killerpickle »

Well, my emissions test was bad...no egr, though they seemed to think so ...<BR>Anyone have any ideas? Im thinking my cat converter...and maybe that the a/f ratio is too rich?<P>anyway heres a scan of the actual test - maybe this can help someone else in this situation, I heard about the "hot rod" test...what are the disadvantages to that? <P> Image<p>[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: killerpickle ]
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
pelado

Re: emmisions test - fail :(

Post by pelado »

Yes, you're running way too rich.<P>You didn't mention a CEL, got one?<P>What ECU are you using? VAF?<p>[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Paledo,<BR>Thanks for the reply.<BR>Ok, I am running the mx6 2.5 ecu with the 1.8 VAF (Im almost positive.) Any way to check if its the 1.8 or the 2.5?<P>The only CEL I get is at highway speeds and it comes on only until I let off on the gas a bit then it goes away. (EGR?) Never a CEL under 100km/h...weird.<P>93+ octane gas<BR>Original Cat converter<BR>No EGR<BR>New plugs.<P>Dunno, I might have to go with the conditional pass to get my stickers renewed :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet

Post by Guest »

i am having the same problenm with the engine light comin on around 120 and as soon as i let off it goes away! but also my virs isn;t hooked up right as it is not kicking in so i figuer it is jsut that! and i am gonna get that working tomorrow hopefully no more engine light
LiQuId

Post by LiQuId »

2.5 VAF will say KL-03 on it.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Hey Pawz<BR>let me know if that fixes the problem, I have the exact symptoms. Got a pic of your engine by chance?
Tom Alexander
pelado

Post by pelado »

Try running your 1.8 ECU with your 1.8 VAF for the emissions test.<P>My 2.5L VAF says KL02 on it, the 1.8 VAF says JE50.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”