Dynoing tomorrow (9/7/02)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KNOCKOUT

Dynoing tomorrow (9/7/02)

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Any tips on squeeking-out a couple more pony's from the KL-ZE with a basically stock setup besides my rep ecu and 2.5" full exhaust.<P>Didn't have enough time to do an intake setup, so, I'll just dyno it again after the intake.<P>thanks!
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
LiQuId

Re: Dynoing tomorrow (9/7/02)

Post by LiQuId »

There isn't really a point in trying to squeak out HP on a dyno. The idea is to know what your HP and Tourqe #'s and curves are at. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

That goes without saying....the point of my question was to possibly obtain any "tuning tips" that someone has already achieved from previously dynoing there ZE setup, not "cheating hp" such as: <BR>advancing the timing a bit or increasing tire pressure, etc...
pelado

Post by pelado »

Unplug the vacuum hose to the FPR for one run, don't forget to stick a golf tee or a similar object in the hose.<P>Since you're basically stock, there's not much tuning you CAN do. Look's like it'll be a good baseline run to judge future mods against. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Well, thanks for the tip, but I didn't get to try that since I didn't get a chance to check back before the dyno.<P>Here's what I got for numbers with a basically stock setup: 166whp @ 6,000rpm; 152wtq @ 4,600rpm<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] not bad I guess.....now I just gots to complete my "homemade intake" and then see what I get.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

wow, I realy need to install my exhaust.<P>I only got 156 hp with my stock exhaust.<P>how hot was your intake manifold and engin when you tested?
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Are you asking for an actual number or an estimate? Basically, I got the car up to normal operating temperature and then dynoed it and letting it cool down a bit between pulls.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG>Well, thanks for the tip, but I didn't get to try that since I didn't get a chance to check back before the dyno.<P>Here's what I got for numbers with a basically stock setup: 166whp @ 6,000rpm; 152wtq @ 4,600rpm<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] not bad I guess.....now I just gots to complete my "homemade intake" and then see what I get.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>After doing the math (i hope i did it right) with 15% loss to the wheels you're making 195.3 hp and 178.8 ft-lbs of torque at the flywheel. Not too shabby if you ask me. Seems like you still have a bottleneck somewhere cuz your HP is peaking at 6k rpm, while you've still got atleast another 1k rpm. Nice #'s btw. I'm envious.<p>[ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: RayRay ]
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

The KL-ZE with the stock 1.8L intake setup is definately not the way to go....honestly, it's one of the most restrictive stock setups that I've seen....way too many sharp bends. So, I'm hoping that with an intake setup will expand my hp curve a bit more. I'm also hoping that it will also "lean-out" my air/fuel ratio....it was a bit on the rich side.<P>That brings up another question: Has anyone ever installed an ApexI Super AFC in an MX-3 with KL-ZE?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”