Another problem to solve.... Now the A/C

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

Another problem to solve.... Now the A/C

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys my Compressor was making a ticking sounds when a/c is turned on however I thought it was nothing big until today... Was driving down the road a/c was ice cold then all of a sudden it started blowing warm air... We stoped in at wal-mart and when I turned off the motor I heard this Hissing sound coming from arround the compressor. Now when I turn on the A/C all I get is hot air but I can feel and hear the compressor kicking in... Does this mean that a hose might have cracked or something or did my compressor bite the dust? Please help... Thanks
zevirii

Re: Another problem to solve.... Now the A/C

Post by zevirii »

Any ideas guys kinda urgent that I get this fixed...
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

My starting blowing hot air the other day, and wen I stoped the car it was hissing.. <P>Update:<P>Went to the mazda dealer today, and they said that the high pressure switch was bypassed causing the compressor to overload blowing out the pressure relief valve. They also said that the seals arroung the bearings are blown out to. They told me to fix this they would have to replace the compressor, dryer, expansion valve. They want $500 parts and somewhere arround $600 labor. Grand total $1100. Is this what really needs to be done and if so can I get it don cheaper somewhere else?
andy

Post by andy »

sounds like your hosed.<BR> $1100 is on the high side. take it some where else. Now that you know what it needs you can just call around and try to get a quote over the phone.<P> I have the same problem with my mini van.<BR>needs a compressor, dryer, condensor, and an expansion valve. I have found a place that will sell me the parts new for $325.00.<BR> $500 for parts sounds about right but that $600 for labor sucks. There is no way that is a good price for replacing a compressor and a dryer. There saying that it will take them 8-10 hours with that kind of labor charge.<BR> Andy P. 93 GS<BR> P.S. I feel your pain or in our case, heat.
pelado

Post by pelado »

It's not the compressor or the dryer that's racking up the labor costs, it's the expansion valve.<P>YOU replace one and let me know how much you'd charge to replace another one.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
mazdamaniac

Post by mazdamaniac »

Actually, replacing the expansion valve on the MX-3 is relatively easy.<BR>Just pull the glove box.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Is there a kit out there to flush the A/C system or do I have to take it somewhere to have it done?
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mazdamaniac:<BR><STRONG>Actually, replacing the expansion valve on the MX-3 is relatively easy.<BR>Just pull the glove box.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In that case, disregard my post. Usually they're a bear to get to.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”