modifying mx3 prm to fit klze...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
killerpickle

modifying mx3 prm to fit klze...

Post by killerpickle »

Something just came to my mind. My PRM wont fit properly on the klze engine. Im wondering what other people in my situation have done. I believe the filter will still fit, and the silicone pipe. But the steel elbow wont. Im going to do a hardcore seach, but any ideas would be awesome, especially measurements and angles so I could possible get it done before the swap! Thanks guys...I really do love my prm....
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
white fish

Re: modifying mx3 prm to fit klze...

Post by white fish »

what ZE are you getting?<BR>the one with the straight neck wont even fit in you car unless you relocate the brake resivoir
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

well, I am getting my ze from ASPEC. I would assume it is the correct ze, since they do the swap often. curved neck I believe.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
pelado

Post by pelado »

My PRM worked just fine with the ZE and the Millenia intake, no mods necessary.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

umm heres a suggeestion, ditch that POS prm intake, and go get a MAC or a BBK cold air kit for a mustang... they LOOK a lot better and they FLOW alot better.. and fit VERY nicly , i have one on my car :)... and one of the fastest v6 mx3s in the nation is running one... he;s a good friend of mine :)
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

93mxrgs , do you have alink or a picture of this intake? REally, and intake is an intake as long as it has a good filter and cold air. Still, Im interested to see this intake.<P>Thanks Palado, thats a relief to hear it fit. I was worried..
Tom Alexander
precidian

Post by precidian »

Well.....<BR>I have to say I am really happy with the PRM setup.<BR>This is the way my intake setup was: <BR> Image <BR>I now have added a down pipe that extends into the space infront of the wheel well. I removed the stock coolant overflow and replaced it with an Injen polished coolant overflow tank...<BR>looks like this...<BR> Image <P>I will post pics of the setup if you want to see it.<P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Nice, that Injen polished coolant overflow tank is sweet looking. Where did you get it? <P>I actually like my prm a lot, it was my first mod...<P>I noticed your prm setup has a lot more silicone piping...it looks a lot nicer, how did you make it?
Tom Alexander
precidian

Post by precidian »

the extra piping is standard Silicone adaptors put together to replace the stock hose....<P>most places that sell turbo's, and superchargers should be able to get you that stuff...<BR> <BR>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>umm heres a suggeestion, ditch that POS prm intake, and go get a MAC or a BBK cold air kit for a mustang... they LOOK a lot better and they FLOW alot better.. and fit VERY nicly , i have one on my car :)... and one of the fastest v6 mx3s in the nation is running one... he;s a good friend of mine :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The PRM is a great intake, but its designed for the 1.8KL K8, not a ZE. Its going to choke it at high rpm.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>umm heres a suggeestion, ditch that POS prm intake, and go get a MAC or a BBK cold air kit for a mustang... they LOOK a lot better and they FLOW alot better.. and fit VERY nicly , i have one on my car :)... and one of the fastest v6 mx3s in the nation is running one... he;s a good friend of mine :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wake up, your dreaming again :) <P>The PRM is probably one of the best you can get. Unlike most, PRM's design is a great Idea, the cone is enclosed (so it doesnt pull in hot enginebay heat, as well as keeping water out. The tube is designed to pull air from your fender rather than the engine bay or under the car. Imnot saying that your intake isnt a good one, but Id choose the PRM over any intake. Ive tried a few, I like this one the best.
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

does anyone know where i could purchase silicone adapters. ( I've seen web site here before but i cant remember)
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><BR>The PRM is a great intake, but its designed for the 1.8KL K8, not a ZE. Its going to choke it at high rpm.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I believe the same size filter is used in their Probe GT intake.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG><P>I believe the same size filter is used in their Probe GT intake.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>If so, id be afraid...very afraid.<P>The flow requirements are the 2 engines are of course far different from one another. To keep the velocity in the right range, they SHOULD be larger. Just my 2 cents.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”