Car Bucks on acceleration

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Peterwolfgang

Car Bucks on acceleration

Post by Peterwolfgang »

My '94 109k 5sd Gs bucks when accelerating mostly through 2nd gear on acceleration but also on 1st and 3rd. I noticed it's worse when raining but will do it anytime.<BR>The local Mazda dealer had car for a week but was stumped and suggested the distributor. A different Mazda dealer also stumped didn't believe it would be the distributor because it would not stall.<BR>November- new timing belt and water pump<BR>March- problem first occured full tune-up by chain garage also replaced wires, dist cap, rotor, pcv valve<BR>June- problem back Mazda replaced air intake hose, dist cap, rotor, sparkplugs, pcv valve, fuel filter<BR>The problem was gone again but only 4 days later it came back and getting worse everyday. No error codes. No stalling. Any ideas please?
nicolasbeique

Re: Car Bucks on acceleration

Post by nicolasbeique »

Could it just be water in your gas?<P>i dunno... happen to my friends car who went to a cheap gas station<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

My friend wolfie, as Nic sugested it can be water deposits in your car gas tank and line, one way you can find out if it´s giving problems is to reach the gas filter, take it off w/o droping any gas, then get a glass container ( glass Jar) drain the filter and look for droplets of water suspended in the gasoline, if you find so , you are going to have the tank drained ,and cleaned + the fuel lines,after that buy a water disperser liquid mix it in fuel trough the gas tank with fuel, and run the car doing so you will be able to clean the injectors and the rail. Do so if you find water traces in the filter.
Peterwolfgang

Post by Peterwolfgang »

I took the car back to Mazda today and they are now convinced the problem lies in the distributor/spark plug wires. Since these wires were put in less than three months ago by Midas they are still under warranty.<BR>As far as water goes I had the same feeling but the mechanics don't agree. Besides I only buy my gas from the majors. Is it unusual for new wires to suddenly malfunction after two months?
Peterwolfgang

Post by Peterwolfgang »

Well it's not the wires.Also not the dist.cap, rotor, sparkplugs, fuel filter or water in the tank. :roll: <BR>What else could it be that could cause hesitation or misfiring when accelerating?<BR>Could it be the distributor even though it doesn't stall? Anyone?
andy

Post by andy »

what your describing sounds like many of the things already replaced. I would first try a compression test. this would eliminate a possible blown head gasket,low compression,or<BR>some other major problems.<BR>Andy 93 GS
T Biller

Post by T Biller »

Hmmm, try F2-048 of the online manual, could be a different fuel problem other than the filter. My car has a similar problem 94 v6 140Km. It sometimes stumbles and has less power on acceleration but usualy kicks in when revs get higher, but is still a bit short on power. Other days its a flying machine.
T Biller

Post by T Biller »

Try run one of those power house injector cleaners next tank of gas. It sounds more like fuel to me than spark, especialy being as you have replaced almost all of your ignition system, the only possibility left there would be computer related (not likely with no code) or coil (you could check for a strong blue spark that will jump a fair distance by pulling of a pug wire putting a screw driver in it and cranking the engine (be careful not to get zapped)
Peterwolfgang

Post by Peterwolfgang »

Finally I was able to swap a distributor from another '94 and it ran perfectly. After calling all around Toronto I discovered these are in very short supply but finally found one by Beckarnley with 12 month warranty and an excellent price. Hopefully that will be the end of that. :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”