Please Help me

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Stevekowalchuk

Please Help me

Post by Stevekowalchuk »

Completed my ATX-->MTX on my 1996 GS, Everything works great BUT my check engine light is on. I attempted to pull the codes by jumpin the connecters but when i turn the ignition on the CEL remains on and does not flash at all. Now correct me if im wrong but with the CEL on the engine restricts timing advance and richens the a/f mixture affecting the performance considerably. Please help.
curtklze

Re: Please Help me

Post by curtklze »

If your car is really a 96 than it is OBDII<BR>(On Board Diagnostics 2). You probably need the special code reader to read the code.<P>99% of mechanics have this reader.<P>You might need an ECM from a 96 MTX to stop the code from coming back.<P>But first find out what the code is , maybe you just forgot to hook up 1 sensor or a connector.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Stevekowalchuk

Post by Stevekowalchuk »

Alright I got a guy whos gunna scan my codes tomarrow...ill let you know when I pull asap. Thanks
Stevekowalchuk

Post by Stevekowalchuk »

Certain codes activate the "fail-safe" mode. I hooked up my scanner and sure enough i was throwing 6 codes. P0710, P1743, P1601, P0760, P0755 AND P0750. I managed to remedy all but one. P1601. The description in the scanner is "null" and its not in any of my books. It is however Powertrain related, Mazda specific and computer output related. The other codes activated the fail-safe however the one remaining does not ;) so I have that powerband back. Any Ideas on the p1601?
Stevekowalchuk

Post by Stevekowalchuk »

Remember my MX is OBD-II hehehe.........kinda rare.
Stevekowalchuk

Post by Stevekowalchuk »

Found this on a web site----<BR>DTC P1601 Serial Comm. Problem With Device 1<P>whats this mean?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”